G98 & G99 application

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraz123

Reaction score
Hey I've been out of the industry for a couple of years and I'm helping plan a PV system and I'm going to have to use the new G98 & G99 applications were looking at an 18 panel system using 340w panels going us 5.44kw and adding a 5.8kw battery so this would fall under G99 correct?

Tia

depends if you inverter is 16A limited ie 3.6kW or not. It's not so much the array size as the inverter. If fitting a 5 kW inverter with a 16A limitation function, for which they will want a G99, your DNO will want a manufacturers' cert for that, and sometimes like to see a photo of the inverter set for 16A export max.

Cheers @binky so how does battery storage fit in to the equation as 90% of these added to the PV are going to exceed the 16a or 3.68kw cap for G98 and the G99 just seems a little excessive for most installs

Cheers @binky so how does battery storage fit in to the equation as 90% of these added to the PV are going to exceed the 16a or 3.68kw cap for G98 and the G99 just seems a little excessive for most installs
that's where life can get interesting. If it's a standlone battery they count it as 2 systems connected to the supply, which can cause big issues getting it approved. If you have a hybrid inverter, or retro DC connected batteries, it counts as a single system

Locked to prevent hi-jacking (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts