A3 Radial

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If installing an A3 Radial, 32A MCB 4mm cable is the only reference method C available as if installed in conduit or trucking (ref B) the 4mm will only carry 30A so this is not allowed. As CCC must be equal to or more than B32 breaker ???

True or False

Thanks in advance

Matt

from what u say true

but is it feeding more than one plug or appliance

if its just for a socket do 2.5 with a 20A mcb

Hi,If installing an A3 Radial, 32A MCB 4mm cable is the only reference method C available as if installed in conduit or trucking (ref B) the 4mm will only carry 30A so this is not allowed. As CCC must be equal to or more than B32 breaker ???

True or False

Thanks in advance

Matt
Yes, this is true so to meet regs you would be looking at 6mm on a B32. Would be fun getting two of those into a socket!

Maybe there's a need for an MCB rating between 20 and 32.

hager do C25amp MCBs, should be too much trouble meeting the max Zs on most radials.

can u put different makes of breakers in different makes of cu

Technically, you shouldn`t. There is a reference to it, somewhere, but it escapes me at present.

That said, I have done in the past, and probably would again.

As long at it fits the busbar correctly :)

KME

with you on that one KME, i have done and will do again if other options are limited, it is certainly against manufactures instructions.