NVQ assistance

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello

I am an aspiring electrician, I have been working for over 3 years now and I am completing my NVQ portfolio currently, I am wondering if anyone could spare any time to give some advice and help with a few of the questions on the testing and fault finding sections. I want you to know that I am not looking for someone to do it for me and I am not looking for the easy way out, just some assistance would be helpful. I find my NVQ assessor is very distant, hard to contact and doesn't offer much help hence why I am resorting to this forum. I would much appreciate any help anyone could offer, 

Thank you

Jay 

5 posts saying the same thing isnt going to get you any heko any quicker. and youd also have better luck posting what your stuck and needing help with...

Hello

Apologies for posting in 5 groups, I wasn’t aware that members were in all of them, I won’t do that again. I am a bit stuck on two of my NVQ questions relating to the testing section.  
First of all the question relates to confirming to bs7671 and GN3 in terms of recording and retention of the four certificates, I was wondering if anyone knew or could point me in the right direction on what these say about recording and retaining certificates.

Secondly, a question says, 

I carried out the commissioning of circuits , equipment and components to confirms functionality, fit for purpose and safety in accordance with -

Install spec 

Bs7671

Manufactures instructions

Maintenance schedules

Health and safety requirements.

I understand the testing process however I was struggling to see examples of how one commissioning could confirm the above things in accordance with things like maintenance schedules , manafcaturws instructions , Hse requirement ect.

Once again sorry for any irritation I caused with my first post and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

Hello

Apologies for posting in 5 groups, I wasn’t aware that members were in all of them, I won’t do that again. I am a bit stuck on two of my NVQ questions relating to the testing section.  
First of all the question relates to confirming to bs7671 and GN3 in terms of recording and retention of the four certificates, I was wondering if anyone knew or could point me in the right direction on what these say about recording and retaining certificates.

Secondly, a question says, 

I carried out the commissioning of circuits , equipment and components to confirms functionality, fit for purpose and safety in accordance with -

Install spec 

Bs7671

Manufactures instructions

Maintenance schedules

Health and safety requirements.

I understand the testing process however I was struggling to see examples of how one commissioning could confirm the above things in accordance with things like maintenance schedules , manafcaturws instructions , Hse requirement ect.

Once again sorry for any irritation I caused with my first post and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

I have just merged the post you have recently added, if you re-read it you will notice it is a duplicate of the post you made on Saturday. Please cease creating multiple identical posts, as all they do is clutter the forum. If every member posted several copies of each post they added, the forum would quickly become an un-navigable mess. (Also note this is the second warning you have had on this subject, thank you).

As a point of guidance, most members volunteering their knowledge and experience to contribute to the various topics under discussion, will rarely offer a free home-work answering service.

They would generally expect someone to propose what they think an answer should be, before just spoon-feeding to any stranger asking for answers.  If no replies have been given, possibly others have been busy with their own work commitments, or don't consider sufficient input has been provided with the question. But either way, posting the same thing a few days later is not the best way to get answers. 

Doc H.