Actor Patrick Swayze Dies of Pancreatic Cancer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Actor Patrick Swayze Dies of Pancreatic Cancer at the age of 57 after a 20 Month battle.

He was one of the few actors that I did like.

Best known for his lead roles in 'Dirty Dancing' and 'Ghost' and for insisting that he does his own stunts.

PatrickSwayzeInDirtyDancing.jpg
PatrickSwayzeInGhost.jpg

RIP Patrick.

Announced this morning that Keith Floyd has also died. Really weird as there was a documentary on him last night being interviewed by Keith Allen. Looked a lot older than 65 but still a real character.

Don`t know how many saw him in that series earlier this year - Beast (I think it was channel 5 US).

Hardly recognisable as the same guy - looked really ill.

RIP PS

:(

He did sing aswel. :(
Yes Mate - He sang several of the tracks used in the actual Dirty Dancing film.

Yes Mate - He sang several of the tracks used in the actual Dirty Dancing film.
I know! ;)

God - do I hate that film. At Uni I lived with 3 women and was subjected to it atleast once a month for 3 years. That and the one where Julia Robers is a prostituate - pretty woman.

*I shudder at the thought*

headbang

You have no romance in your soul , Patch, you'll be saying you don't like Sleepless in Seatle next.

Always seems sad when these people who have entertained us ,die , I know it comes to us all ,but what can you say !

In my last job one of my salesmen started to get unreliable and call in sick, the lads started to call him 'sicknote', he took it in good humour, and he was a real character, and a pleasure to have on the team

in July '07 few months after this all started he decided to get a proper health check, only to be told it was likely an ulcer, a few days later feeling very ill he went back to be to he had a problem with his gall bladder and it would need surgery, it all dragged on a few more weeks when eventually late Aug they told him he actually had Pancreatic Cancer at an advanced stage and terminal, suffice to say he was devastated, sadly he died in early Dec aged 26, he never lost his humour even though he was in pain, it's was the hardest thing I have had to deal with particularly as I have son's in their early 20's. As he had no dad I would visit him in hospital, I don't particularly get emotional, but for days after his death I was a bit of a wreck Blushing

There's not much you can do in these situations, but I did manage to raise

In my last job one of my salesmen started to get unreliable and call in sick, the lads started to call him 'sicknote', he took it in good humour, and he was a real character, and a pleasure to have on the teamin July '07 few months after this all started he decided to get a proper health check, only to be told it was likely an ulcer, a few days later feeling very ill he went back to be to he had a problem with his gall bladder and it would need surgery, it all dragged on a few more weeks when eventually late Aug they told him he actually had Pancreatic Cancer at an advanced stage and terminal, suffice to say he was devastated, sadly he died in early Dec aged 26, he never lost his humour even though he was in pain, it's was the hardest thing I have had to deal with particularly as I have son's in their early 20's. As he had no dad I would visit him in hospital, I don't particularly get emotional, but for days after his death I was a bit of a wreck Blushing

There's not much you can do in these situations, but I did manage to raise

Robo I know exactly how you feel, I lost My dad to this in May 2004 and He was only 46:_| X( AndyGuiness Drink
Sorry to hear that Andy, Mate. :_|

One of my favorite films that Patrick did was roadhouse, where he played a rather tough I mean really tough bouncer, if you have not seen the film, you should.

It is really sad when some people are taken from us at such a young age and 57 is a young age.

As for Flloyd he will probably be making some angel delight as we speak.

Bless them all.

Lol I have Roadhouse GH, not a film of SFX, but one built on script and physical presence. Flydy will no doubt be knocking back a few bottles of wine as we speak.AndyGuiness Drink
Certainly won't be holy water or communion wine. :)

Keith Floyd didn't half knock them back - didn't he?

Still, although I am not a huge fan of his,I did like his cooking, all over the world.

Keith Floyd didn't half knock them back - didn't he?Still, although I am not a huge fan of his,I did like his cooking, all over the world.
The documentary shown the day before he died was really funny. He had no love of many of the current generation of chefs & cookery programmes, particularly Gordon Ramsey. To paraphrase he said that cooks should be in the effing kitchen & not on the bloody television.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts