Track

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pictish

Reaction score
Hi 

I wonder if anyone can tell me if this meets regulations ,it's in my daughter's rented house .

Looks to be back boxes in a recessed into a track rather than individually recessed.IMG-20211127-WA0000.jpg

I suspect its just badly tlled around back boxes.

Provided the sockets are secure, there's nothing particularly wrong with that, it;s just a bit rough.

I think if it were a track/trunking they would be level and not pi**ed with each other however there does appear to be something encasing the back boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's non commercial .it's underneath wall mounted kitchen cabinets above countertop.

No trunking just cut the tiles and plasterboard making a long trench and using recessed metal boxes in a row .

Messy and middle box has collapsed backwards .

Just wondered if non reg or just poor workmanship.

Okay it looks like someones idea to make tiling easier.  Fit the metal flush back boxes close together so no need to tile between them.

If they are the right spacing for adjacent sockets to touch, and tiling is good to support top and bottom of socket then no problem.  But workmanship in this case leaves a bit to be desired.

Putting them right up to the bottom of the cabinets like that means there is no row of tiles above to support the sockets so you get the uneven mess you see.

Not dangerous, but rubbish workmanship.  It smacks of some DIY or kitchen fitters "seemed like a good idea at the time"

Thanks all 

That was my original thoughts lettuced job but essentially safe .

Even although imo it opens up the cavity wall to rapid fire ingress ,should a fire occur .

Thanks again

Lettuces job lol 

Meant rubbish job