timer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
got a customer who has a system he wants setting up.

basically it is a infered system and when it goes off a N/O relay is energised for 4 seconds.

what i need help with, is there any way off making this longer? can you add some kind of timer ....

cheers

More info would be helpfull what do you mean by infra red system Pir or beams/rays.

you should be able to pulse stretch the sytems cheapest and easiest is for a timer relay if it is going back to a control panel 12 volt system.

one of theseas you can see the is a relay output, but this is only active for 4 seconds and i would need it to be longer... any ideas
What are you linking the N/O contact to: what will it be energising,how long do you want it to be closed or latched.company called Hoyles in liverpool do all sorts of timers availible via any decent alarm wholesaler.if the plug in psu has enough power you could wire it through an adaptor box with relay in.

Only problem is it will latch every time the beam is broken.As stated what do you want to switch.

just and external speaker , basically the customer thinks that if it only goes off 4seconds he may not hear it, so he wanted to be able to adjust it.

thats ok , but if he for gets to turn it of and post man comes, it will be going off all day,

what do you think of this?

timer

i prosume that this has a supply a trigger and then the output relay?

Latest posts