DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Fitting A single Phase time clock to a 3 phase contactor

Barker

Question

hi,

I need to fit a a time switch to a 3 phase fan unit on an agriculteral grain dryer, as some of you have suggested the best way of going about this would be to fit a single phase time clock controlling a three phase contactor.

As everything is in place and most of it has been since before the war (and i don't mean the Gulf war or the Falklands one) i was hoping to split the cable and feed it into a box with a din rail mounted contactor, what I was after was advise on the best pay to power the timer, can I spur from one of the phases before the box or will I need to fun it all the way back to the main boards?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

Come off one of the phases, fuse down through a Slydlock fuse or simlar . This will power the timeswitch clock , loop to n/o contacts then to coil. I assume you have a neutral there ??

or fit a 1 or 2a mcb to the din rail fed by one of the phases this now becomes your control circuit protection Guiness Drink

provided there is a neutral as not generally needed for motor control/power

Archived