Just payed elecsa my monies

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
and I'm nervous,

What now? Do they send me a date for my assesment etc. I've got a Cu change to show, and at a seperate job an rcd socket on a b20 in a porch (new circuit). I take it I need to show all my test results for both etc.

I ticked the trustmark option which was 30quid a year, did i really need this, didnt really understand what it was!!

cheers

I'm with ELECSA, don't know what the trustmark is TBH. Next step is they send you an assessment pack which lists what you need to have ready plus assessment date.

Things you need are , Liability insurance, prove that you actually issue written quotes, testers, c/with calibration certs, quallys, a complaints book, The Big Red book 17th , OSG 17th, can't remember anymore, its all written down .

Don't be nervous (easy to say) the assessors are really helpfull.

Deke

ah i see, well I've got everything you've listed, except I haven't really written any quotes, more invoices. I take it they like to see the way the business runs aswell as your competence?

Thats exactly right ,Sellers. They don't want the back of a fag packet brigade. Just say you had a clear out , no need to keep quotes once job is done .

As you said yourself, they want to see that you are competent and know what you are talking about. He stumped me by asking why we test RCDs on the X5 setting , mind went blank.

I guess an assessment is like an exam I have this to come so I'm interested to see how people get on and I have found this forum very helpful . I have been told that the assessors generally like to be of help to you as it must be nerve racking to say the least :)

As I always say , Megohm , they actually want you to join them, without us there is no them.

I think that probably they will merge into possibly two outfits, ECA and NICEIC , it has started already , ELECSA is now ECA.

I ticked the trustmark option which was 30quid a year, did i really need this, didnt really understand what it was!!

cheers
Another one of those nice little earners for Trustmark, oh I've got another logo that will something to Joe Public so long as they high profile advertise it, eh which they don't

im trust mark just for the hell of it only 30 quid so not overly bothered if it doesnt pay off. Its Trading Standards

and I'm nervous,...........cheers
Deke's given you some sound advice..

nice one Deke!:DApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Main thing...

DON'T BE NERVOUS!!!

AFAIK ALL of the scheme providers are actually quite helpful and friendly...

and actually want your custom!

You are paying them..

You have chosen them!

and you could go elsewhere!

Not vice-versa!! :| ;)

Trustmark status can have a bearing on your insurance, some public liability and employers liability insurances are cheaper if you have trustmark status.