testing?????????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themezza

Reaction score
has anyone got any info on testing,i has just started my 2330 practical exam and im struggling with just testing,im fine with everything else. my tutor at college is useless and doesnt explain it enough.he just thinks if he wizz's throught it quick you can just pick it up just like that.

any help would be great!!!!!!!! :)

tim is right it dose testing step by step

Hello Mezza - Which exam and level are we talking about mate?

im studing 2330 level 2 c&g building and structures practical exam unit 4.waiting for on site guide and reg book to arrive have ordered

Hi Mezza,

You mention that you have just started your Practical Exam. Which one?

204, 206?

PS. I highly recomend these books...

THE ELECTRICIANS GUIDE TO GOOD ELECTRICAL PRACTICE

THE ELECTRICIANS GUIDE TO INSPECTION AND TESTING

Available from here...

But can only be ordered by post (Cheque)...

... Here's the Order form

They are

your tutor should give you and the class time on a test rig in the college if not he is not doing his job propley.

they gave us the old brown amicus guide to electrical practice, is this any good?????

If your college is working to the 16th Yes.

We had a choice - The 302 and 303 (Level 3) exam papers were written to the 16th.

We were allowed to answer to either the 16th or 17th edition as long as we clearly marked which one we were answering to.

I will PM you now.

I have just finished my 2330 and started my 2391...

The testing required of you is fairly basic and you shouldnt worry to much about it. It's fairly easy to pick up. Best bet is as suggested above read the OSG and understand why your doing that test and what its showing you (a lot of qulified sparks and even a few testers I've met dont have a clue what the numbers mean). Check back through your notes and see where it relates. The most invaluable help I got was by asking my boss if I could go out the with the companys tester and watch him (even if it was on a saturday ans I didnt get payed :( ). If you can that might be your best bet of getting some good instruction from someone other than your college teacher.

Jack

nearly completed exam now, just on testing now. Got distintion for paperwork and instillation looks good,so all being well, distintion it is!!!!happy days:Y:pApplaud Smiley