Called out tonight

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Had a lovely curry tonight.

Call this evening from a local curry house "Do you do emergency call outs the kitchen electrics have gone off"

I dont normally but as it was local thought why not.

Gets there resets rcd mainswitch 5 mins later off it goes again, go through the normal isolating each circuit in turn & find a single socket circuit is the culprit. While I'm doing this the cooks are using head torches to do the cooking :^O

The culprit was a grease trap under the sink that still had the paper wiring guide around the pins of the plug & the paper had become wet.

Took off the paper & no more rcd tripping.

One happy owner sent me on my way with a free scoff for 2 :)

Had a lovely curry tonight.Call this evening from a local curry house "Do you do emergency call outs the kitchen electrics have gone off"

I dont normally but as it was local thought why not.

Gets there resets rcd mainswitch 5 mins later off it goes again, go through the normal isolating each circuit in turn & find a single socket circuit is the culprit. While I'm doing this the cooks are using head torches to do the cooking :^O

The culprit was a grease trap under the sink that still had the paper wiring cuide around the pins of the plug & the paper had become wet.

Took off the paper & no more rcd tripping.

One happy owner sent me on my way with a free scoff for 2 :)
Plus payment i hope?

must of been a clean kitchen

all the takeaways ive worked in i would no longer eat from

I had a similar thing happen back in 1992. The local pharmacy recommended me to a nearby Italian restaurant. The downstairs sockets had tripped and would not reset. It was a dog of a fault to find - a BESA box (Y-split, 2 x pyro and 1 x T&E) had been buried in the floor in the access gangway to the bar. Water had seeped in and eventually caused the circuit to fail. Quite a bit of remedial work resulted, as well as regular requests for follow-on maintenance and improvements, coupled with as an increasing appreciation of Italian food and :Y

Although no longer living in London, Mrs Pyro & I make a point of dining at the restaurant when we visit London. The welcome is always warm and genuine.

Pyro

must of been a clean kitchen all the takeaways ive worked in i would no longer eat from
Wasnt a take away it's a full blown indian sit down fill your boots posh nosh restaurant.......the takeaway was just for me :D