Fixing/Making good plasterboard

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oracle

Reaction score
All,

If you have to cut a hole (lets say using a 3" hole saw) in a plasterboard/stud wall to gain access, what do you use to "stick" the cut out disc back in place?

What do you use to make good? And how long does it take to dry?

Thanks,

O.

normally use a thin bit of wood across the back of the hole ,,,no nails for that and putting the cut out back in

make good with the ever present ready mixed filler thats in my van

about 30 mins if its not too thick

One way is to take a larger piece of plasterboard, splodge some one coat plaster on it, push it in the hole, pull it against the board with a screw till it sticks. Return to it when it is stuck and fill space with one-coat, trowel up when it starts to go off.

I put a strip of ply across the hole inside, screw it in place either side with plaster board screws. Then screw the cutout to the ply & solong as you put screws in so they are below the plasterboard surface you can just skim with filler or plaster.

I put a strip of ply across the hole inside, screw it in place either side with plaster board screws. Then screw the cutout to the ply & solong as you put screws in so they are below the plasterboard surface you can just skim with filler or plaster.
Thats how I do it too but usually use a bit of tile batten if I can get it in.

same here: D

that's how I do it ,and it worked so far.