DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Help to check job quote

TC101

Question

I was asked today to quote for for a complete house rewire.

Ex council house Mid-terrace.

LIVING ROOM/DINING ROOM (downstairs)

5 x Double sockets.

2 x Lights controlled by 1 x 2 gang switch.

1 x Spur for existing Central Heating Control.

KITCHEN

4 x Double Sockets above unit level.

3 x Neon Switched Spur Units above unit level controlling 3 single sockets

below unit level

I'd have said

as regards to number of sockets, i'm sure that in OSG or building regs book it has the minimum number of sockets that should be put in a room

Appendix 8

table 8B page 162 OSG

hope this helps

Good Comments- Thanks.

The OSG does says more sockets than I have quoted for. Although the rooms and the kitchen are not that big, however I will show the client the appropriate page in the OSG and give him the chance to decide on more if he wants. Terry !!!!!

as regards to number of sockets, i'm sure that in OSG or building regs book it has the minimum number of sockets that should be put in a room

Indeed they do!Applaud Smiley:D

On site guide..

Appendix 8

8.7 Number of socket outlets!

Page 162, table 8B;)

has the recommended guidance quantities per room type.

:D

Don't do it for nothing and make sure you make a living. Its far too easy to get caught in the trap of bring your price down.

Maybe I'm old school but I quote the price and they take it or leave it, but if they do take it they get the quality job they pay for.

Went to look at a rewire yesterday, a 3 bed in a bit of a state and needs a lot of TLC.

Potential customer told me he was waiting for a price off one spark and that he had already given another spark the work but he had called him before he was due to start to say he was getting out of the game and couldn't do it.

'Whats your budget I said' (always a good question to hit them with and save yourself some time) err about 'two grand' he said, although the spark I gave the work too said he could do it for

I would have gone in at around

Well what i say is i can allways stop at home for nothing if they moan about the price i have gave them.

That sounds about right Terry, though I would urge them to have more double sockets fitter in bedrooms and kitchen etc (4-6 for bedrooms ideally and 6-10 for kitchen).

AndyGuiness Drink

Thanks for that Andy.

I will Ask if they want more sockets but the kitchen is quite small- it going be completly rebuilt so is easy to put in more. Same with the bedrooms- they are not that big - but as the carpets are up and the floor board are up anyway it is not so difficult to add extra. I have another question about the earthing at the board but I am going to start a new thread for that because it may come up again for other people.

Ask away or send a PM bud.

AndyGuiness Drink

I would agree as alot of the hassle has been taken from you, ie boards up no furniture, carpets etc. That alone could add half a day to a job like that.

Andy

That sounds about right Terry, though I would urge them to have more double sockets fitter in bedrooms and kitchen etc (4-6 for bedrooms ideally and 6-10 for kitchen).

AndyGuiness Drink

ive put 9 in my bedroom :D :D :D:^O

Line of white around ya room badge?:P

AndyGuiness Drink

No you have misunderstood me about the carpets being up. Job includes lifting all carpets, floorboards etc. and refitting and relaying all carpets to a good standard.

Line of white around ya room badge?:P

AndyGuiness Drink

most sockets arnt seen :_|

flat screen tv socket - single

3 x doubles for dvd surround system etc etc

2 doubles for aquarium and laptop 3 plugs on tank and 1 laptop ;)

1 double for spare/hoover etc etc by surround sound

1 double for hoover at other end,

1 double behind bed for lamp and alarm clock

1 double behind computer for phone and puter etc etc ;)

I was asked today to quote for for a complete house rewire.

Ex council house Mid-terrace.

LIVING ROOM/DINING ROOM (downstairs)

5 x Double sockets.

2 x Lights controlled by 1 x 2 gang switch.

1 x Spur for existing Central Heating Control.

KITCHEN

4 x Double Sockets above unit level.

3 x Neon Switched Spur Units above unit level controlling 3 single sockets

below unit level

Archived