Help to check job quote

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TC101

Reaction score
I was asked today to quote for for a complete house rewire.

Ex council house Mid-terrace.

LIVING ROOM/DINING ROOM (downstairs)

5 x Double sockets.

2 x Lights controlled by 1 x 2 gang switch.

1 x Spur for existing Central Heating Control.

KITCHEN

4 x Double Sockets above unit level.

3 x Neon Switched Spur Units above unit level controlling 3 single sockets

below unit level

I would say you are at the top end price wise

tv points/phone points ????

Thanks for that Andy.

I will Ask if they want more sockets but the kitchen is quite small- it going be completly rebuilt so is easy to put in more. Same with the bedrooms- they are not that big - but as the carpets are up and the floor board are up anyway it is not so difficult to add extra. I have another question about the earthing at the board but I am going to start a new thread for that because it may come up again for other people.

Well Theorysparky -I take your point. It would appear to be a fairly straight forward job and I could easily knock off -say

No you have misunderstood me about the carpets being up. Job includes lifting all carpets, floorboards etc. and refitting and relaying all carpets to a good standard.

Line of white around ya room badge? :p AndyGuiness Drink
most sockets arnt seen :_|

flat screen tv socket - single

3 x doubles for dvd surround system etc etc

2 doubles for aquarium and laptop 3 plugs on tank and 1 laptop ;)

1 double for spare/hoover etc etc by surround sound

1 double for hoover at other end,

1 double behind bed for lamp and alarm clock

1 double behind computer for phone and puter etc etc ;)

I was asked today to quote for for a complete house rewire.Ex council house Mid-terrace.

LIVING ROOM/DINING ROOM (downstairs)

5 x Double sockets.

2 x Lights controlled by 1 x 2 gang switch.

1 x Spur for existing Central Heating Control.

KITCHEN

4 x Double Sockets above unit level.

3 x Neon Switched Spur Units above unit level controlling 3 single sockets

below unit level

I have another question about the earthing at the board but I am going to start a new thread for that because it may come up again for other people.
Nice to see someone thinking. A scoob on it's way to you. ;) No-one has mentioned them for a while. :eek:

as regards to number of sockets, i'm sure that in OSG or building regs book it has the minimum number of sockets that should be put in a room
'Tis in there somewhere, Yes.

Good Comments- Thanks.

The OSG does says more sockets than I have quoted for. Although the rooms and the kitchen are not that big, however I will show the client the appropriate page in the OSG and give him the chance to decide on more if he wants. Terry !!!!!