DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

16 mm twin and earth used to consumer unit

greg1977

Question

Is it ok to have a 100 Amp double pole switch to consumer unit with the cable in between both items being 16mm twin and earth? Does have extra earthing to consumer unit to compensate for the smaller earth in the twin and earth. Does it matter over a distance ? Be it 2 metres or 5 metres?

11 answers to this question

5 meters FFS :^O change the buggggaaaa to 25mm tails and job done, dont remember to cert with an eic ;)

I would say you can do that if you use an 80 amp domestic switchfuse but you have 100 amp fuses backing it up at the moment.

not a good thing though sandra really is it!

This has been done and signed off by a Part P registered electrician!!!!

all i am saying is that imho i wouldt have done that! ;\

not a good thing though sandra really is it!

What , Badge, the 80 amp swtchfuse ? That would protect the 16 mm would it not ?

Deke

probably would protect it but id still put tails in instead, just the way i work!

whats the rating of the main fuse? and 16mm twin and earth would be classed as a sub main, not suppose to be used direct to metering area, 25mm tails and 16mm earth at all time wether its a main fuse rating of 60-80 or 100 amps ;)

tails to 100 Amp double pole switch are 25mm and 16 mm earth. Just the outgoing to consumer unit is 16 mm twin and earth to main consumer unit with extra earthing to compensate

still shouldnt be T+E in my honest opinion

Archived