pir sensor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul b b

Reaction score
hello guys,

do you know if it is possable to get a replacement pir sensor (half round type) that fits into the bottom of a light? the guy payed quite a bit of money for the lights and would rather rapair them than replace as it matches the other outside lights and i have no idea of the make.

or i said it maybe possable to pit a stand alone sensor on it. is this right? of is the light compleatly buggerd?

many thanks

get onto the manufacturer or if theres a PERM override have a stand alone PIR switching that

hello guys,do you know if it is possable to get a replacement pir sensor (half round type) that fits into the bottom of a light? the guy payed quite a bit of money for the lights and would rather rapair them than replace as it matches the other outside lights and i have no idea of the make.

or i said it maybe possable to pit a stand alone sensor on it. is this right? of is the light compleatly buggerd?

many thanks
not normally economically viable even if you can find one...

labour costs of doing the change is more than the cost of buying a new lamp.

also they are often a sealed molding to maintain their IP rating....

taking them apart would damage the seal & thus the IP rating.

B&Q did have a range of lights with plug-in PIR modules...

But as a rule it is not normally hard to wire a second standalone PIR in parallel with the wiring of the light...

often you can see the Two groups of wires in the back of the fitting..

a) wiring to the PIR & B) wiring to the actual lamps!

IMHO get another standalone PIR

Last edited by a moderator: