DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

rcd bs en

tom1

Question

10 answers to this question

With RCD's it is important for the 1 times test you know which it is, the permitted max for the older BS 4293 is 200ms where as the permitted max for the BS EN 61008 is 300ms.

Our standards where higher than the European Standard !!!

hmm! now why don't that surprise me?!:o:|

it was minor works so just needed it for ref, it trips in under 40ms for x1 and x5, u cant see the bs unless u take out mcb next to it.

not doing that, if the nic eic assesor mentions it i will point out that it was a nic eic cert i got the number off, they would not register any one whos not competent would they?? :D

it was minor works so just needed it for ref, it trips in under 40ms for x1 and x5, u cant see the bs unless u take out mcb next to it.

not doing that, if the nic eic assesor mentions it i will point out that it was a nic eic cert i got the number off, they would not register any one whos not competent would they?? :D

:^O Scoob on it's way to you. :^O

if its a stanrd rd then it will pro be bsen61008 or if rcbo then bsen61009

should be written or stamped on somewhere, 4293 would just mean its an older (different type ) rcd, not that anything is wrong.

thats what i thought but when i looked at his previous cert it had it down as 4293, is there a way of telling for the cert

well the old Brown book lists BS 4293 as : 1983 (1993)

Replaced by BS EN 61008-1: 1995 & BS EN 61008-2: 1995 and BS IEC 61008-2-2:1990

(brown book page 181, Appendix 1)

NOT red book!!!!!

so if it has a manufacturing date on it you could then pick either

BS4293 OR BS EN 61008..

depending upon when it was made.. I would guess!?:|:|;)

well the old Brown book lists BS 4293 as : 1983 (1993)

Replaced by BS EN 61008-1: 1995 & BS EN 61008-2: 1995 and BS IEC 61008-2-2:1990

(brown book page 181, Appendix 1)

NOT red book!!!!!

so if it has a manufacturing date on it you could then pick either

BS4293 OR BS EN 61008..

depending upon when it was made.. I would guess!?:|:|;)

Is an ammendment replaced or do you have to record previous BS Standards.

To me the requirements and regulations come so fast that one minute a BS 88 is a BS 1460047883 :) (for anyone who knows not my humour this is fictitous and not a new regulatory number).

I always quote the replacement number even though the printed number may be from a different era.

With RCD's it is important for the 1 times test you know which it is, the permitted max for the older BS 4293 is 200ms where as the permitted max for the BS EN 61008 is 300ms.

Our standards where higher than the European Standard !!!

Archived