DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

alarm panic button

tom1

Question

24 answers to this question

How did the alarm send out a signal when the power was turned off if the battery did not take over ?

It was wired into redcare or whatever its called.

standard 6 or 8 core alarm cable usually.

;)

they will use 4 core alarm cable at least.

2 for tamper circuit and 2 for panic circuit, but they might have used 6 core as standard throughout the system.

Before you move the panic button make sure that you put the panel into engineer mode so that the tamper circuit is disabled (or the alarm will go off)!!

Its a normal alarm cable. depending on the use cable colours normally are

Red+black alarm N/O

blue+yellow anti tamper

green could be used as +

white could be used as - or ov

any other colours you find I am lost:^O

Can't have been by much though;) both our posts at 23:12

:coat:coat:coat:coat:coat:coat:coat:coat:coat:coat:coat:coat:coat

You will not be able to crimp the cables, they are far to small

you can get an alarm junction box, but it would be better if you replace the whole run from the panel.

yes you can crimp the cables open the PA button and take note of the colours before disconnecting.run new cable to new position before diconnecting so if you have a problem sounders are only going to go for a short time.

Many years ago I resited one and informed the alarm call centre still ended up with a helicopter and plod around me.Castle Bromwich area of Birmingham

You could solder the cables which is the best option.

yes you can crimp the cables open the PA button and take note of the colours before disconnecting.run new cable to new position before diconnecting so if you have a problem sounders are only going to go for a short time.

Many years ago I resited one and informed the alarm call centre still ended up with a helicopter and plod around me.Castle Bromwich area of Birmingham

You could solder the cables which is the best option.

ROTFWL

I did a commercial building that had a contract for monitered alarm, the alarm company wanted to charge me

Had armed police to a job in Shrewsbury nothing to do with me, builders cut a pipe which they thought was empty no water in.It was carring all the bt cables to the building no response after loss of signal to plod or on phones so they sent ARU.

Used to be local bobby on bike at one time,now they take it a bt more serious.

My job was at a local wine sellers who had been robbed a few times before. They had bottles of red vinigar for sale at over

I had one when I turned a circuit off to change a socket it was in the evening and within ten minutes the police turned up. Anyway the alarm company had not changed the battery on the previous service which had only been a few months before. The alarm had sent out signal as the battery had not taken over, luckily the customer was there and told them everything was ok. Some of these alarm companies take the money but don't give a service.

Batty

If its a house alarm ( stand alone) don't worry about helicopters and the plod, as The Hornet said, you need eng. code and some 4 core signal/ alarm cable, make sure you check the colours used.

Deke

They are 12 volt . Best to rewire back to the panel , connections will be marked PA.

You could hide a JB if you want .

I had one when I turned a circuit off to change a socket it was in the evening and within ten minutes the police turned up. Anyway the alarm company had not changed the battery on the previous service which had only been a few months before. The alarm had sent out signal as the battery had not taken over, luckily the customer was there and told them everything was ok. Some of these alarm companies take the money but don't give a service.

Batty

How did the alarm send out a signal when the power was turned off if the battery did not take over ?

Archived