alarm panic button

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got to move one of these dose anyone know what cable they use? thanks

they will use 4 core alarm cable at least.

2 for tamper circuit and 2 for panic circuit, but they might have used 6 core as standard throughout the system.

Before you move the panic button make sure that you put the panel into engineer mode so that the tamper circuit is disabled (or the alarm will go off)!!

Its a normal alarm cable. depending on the use cable colours normally are

Red+black alarm N/O

blue+yellow anti tamper

green could be used as +

white could be used as - or ov

any other colours you find I am lost:^O

you guys are good. ;) is it a big job and will i be able to crimp the cables

yes you can crimp the cables open the PA button and take note of the colours before disconnecting.run new cable to new position before diconnecting so if you have a problem sounders are only going to go for a short time.

Many years ago I resited one and informed the alarm call centre still ended up with a helicopter and plod around me.Castle Bromwich area of Birmingham

You could solder the cables which is the best option.

may be just may be i might be able to chop the plaster back and pull cable intach

yes you can crimp the cables open the PA button and take note of the colours before disconnecting.run new cable to new position before diconnecting so if you have a problem sounders are only going to go for a short time.Many years ago I resited one and informed the alarm call centre still ended up with a helicopter and plod around me.Castle Bromwich area of Birmingham

You could solder the cables which is the best option.
ROTFWL

I did a commercial building that had a contract for monitered alarm, the alarm company wanted to charge me

hope i dont get any choppers although it would give me something to post about. its just a house were u guys working at 10 downing street:D

Had armed police to a job in Shrewsbury nothing to do with me, builders cut a pipe which they thought was empty no water in.It was carring all the bt cables to the building no response after loss of signal to plod or on phones so they sent ARU.

Used to be local bobby on bike at one time,now they take it a bt more serious.

My job was at a local wine sellers who had been robbed a few times before. They had bottles of red vinigar for sale at over

I had one when I turned a circuit off to change a socket it was in the evening and within ten minutes the police turned up. Anyway the alarm company had not changed the battery on the previous service which had only been a few months before. The alarm had sent out signal as the battery had not taken over, luckily the customer was there and told them everything was ok. Some of these alarm companies take the money but don't give a service.

Batty

so thinking there will be a code, ker, enginer button or number to call

bet he does not know it

thanks for the help, i got some 8 core and a joint box today

Latest posts