WARNING!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Think i need a few more sockets for the pc :^O :^O:^O:^O

Image160.jpg

lol Badger every electrician in the country is in the same mess.

I have lived in my current house for ten tears now and my son in law is an electrician, my son is an electrician, I am a dubious electrician, my nephew is an electrician be it one of those micro sparcs you know the ones them who work in micro milliamps :_|

My house is in dire need of a rewire and my other half actually called in a competitor to give us a quote to rewire, simply because I am too lazy to do anything in my own home.

We have 4 electricians in my immediate family and my house is a mess, I would fail it on any test I did.

I just do not have the time, I may take up my competitors quote and let him do a rewire for me, saves me the hassle and I can be the awkward customer for a change ROTFWL

all them sparks i bet u could rewire in a day

looks ok to me still got one spare on the 4 way,plug in another 4 way.

to be fair to it guys, i did have 7 double sockets in my room but because we are having an loft extension for the computers etc to go in, (im wiring it by the way :eek: :^O ) im putting all the new sockets in the new room, for the pc etc and the network internet, cctv dvr etc, but this is just to save having all those sockets in my bedroom wall again, as the pc will not be staying here its temporary, re the electrics on the house, here i have so many sockets in the house now i have already put about 30 in :eek: and i rewired the house 2-3 years ago anyway so no probs their either, only posted to see what reaction id get ;) this is how the computer desk use to look.

Image043-2.jpg

those where a cat 5 socket (single box hole at far end and then double sockets in all the othr holes, but ive had my room replastered so removed them all so that i didnt have them to bother after ive decorated, just so it jogs your memories here my redecorated room,
Image103-1.jpg

if your really struglin just wire 2 or 3 things into 1 plug and if the fuse blows a bit of metal should sort it

badg just out of curiosity how have u hidden the tv cables for your wall mounted tv

badg just out of curiosity how have u hidden the tv cables for your wall mounted tv
loft conversion cctv cables, and all the network cables installed ready for wall to be built and flooring to be laid and ceiling to go in place too.

Image136.jpg

Image137.jpg

Image138.jpg

Image135.jpg

its a plaster boarded wall, with the cables on the loft side heres a photo ;)

Image162.jpg

if your really struglin just wire 2 or 3 things into 1 plug and if the fuse blows a bit of metal should sort it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no not at all, i hope no one reads the post and takes it seriously, unlikely but u never know Pray

what cctv system have you got, coz i am thinking of setting a system up, and like the idea of pc based systems (can they run off linux, saves the cost of windoze) only looking about 2 - 4 cams

bob

i run ours through a j2000 dvr Standalone system, DONT GOT INTO PCs and CCTV system apart from the networking side as its sh!te ! i have 8 cameras round the house, whereby i can remote dial into the dvr from anyway in the world :^O i have a pan tilt zoom dome, and 7 static cams, (2 genie 5351 and 5 genie 5302 dome cams)

i run ours through a j2000 dvr Standalone system, DONT GOT INTO PCs and CCTV system apart from the networking side as its sh!te ! i have 8 cameras round the house, whereby i can remote dial into the dvr from anyway in the world :^O i have a pan tilt zoom dome, and 7 static cams, (2 genie 5351 and 5 genie 5302 dome cams)
it was going to be on a standalone computer (used for nowt else) are you garding gold bars or something :pB-), where would be a good place to buy (sell to jo-puplic)

bob

it was going to be on a standalone computer (used for nowt else) are you garding gold bars or something :pB-), where would be a good place to buy (sell to jo-puplic)bob
give traderswarehouse a call, and tell them colin put you intouch with them, (CJT ;) ask to speak to dianne or sue, to place your order, i use them all the time :D

At least it's a trailing lead badge....could have had one of those power blocks that overheat.

If your on about pc installs how's this for a pc system install by a pro pc / data company.

Company came in & customer decided to save money by not having the VGA & usb cables trunked in the trunking that this company wanted to supply & install (told the customer they couldn't use what was already installed because it contained 230v) plus the 2u servers stacked on old selving instead of in a cab & this is what they ended up with.

The servers

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/gazjothomas/messyinstall.jpg

Birds nest of cables

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/gazjothomas/samemessyinstall.jpg

Another position

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/gazjothomas/stillsamemessyinstall.jpg

Laugh of it is I installed the compartmentalised dado trunk with sso's & data a week before, so if they'd told me what they planned I could have put in bigger dado if they wanted. Then I get a call to follow the pc guy's to price for lowlevel trunk for the pc cabling.