DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Downlights

UK DAZ

Question

HI THERE ive just in stalled 6 230v 50watt downlights in the kitchen no transformers, but seem to have very poor light output? I have 6 12v 50watt on transformers in the frontroom which give of the output lighting i need .why the difference in output lighting headbang and what have i done wrong. cheers everyone

16 answers to this question

Volt drop/circuit overload?

I also think that mains downlights give off an awful offish yellow colour.

AndyGuiness Drink

Are they definatly 50 watt not 35w by mistake ? I know a lot of guys prefer the 12v ones but there should'nt be that much difference TBH.

Well how dim are they? You have'nt connected them in series have you ?

I would imagine its because you are used to lv and not mains voltage. There is quite a lot of difference in light output. If you where used to mains voltage you probably would think nothing was wrong.

Batty

im just starting out so would u tell me

i dont know

If you have already done something how can we tell you how its done?

When you say just starting out, are you just starting up as an "electrician" ??

Give as much detail of the installation as you really can, and you will have more chance of getting the right answer. Its hard to answer with guess work.

If you have already done something how can we tell you how its done?

When you say just starting out, are you just starting up as an "electrician" ??

Give as much detail of the installation as you really can, and you will have more chance of getting the right answer. Its hard to answer with guess work.

Yes im in second year of college i now understand lv and mains but wot i dont get or im missing is why does low voltage give a larger output of light as appose to mains ?

dont want to sound to stupid here but how could u wire in series??

feed in then to the rest of the other spots i dont think you can wire a radial of 1 loop i may be wrong

Archived