JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

crimps

tom1

Question

15 answers to this question

Heatshrink sleeving :)

AndyGuiness Drink

if its under a floor or in a wall therefore inaccessible you are going to need to provide some strain relief for the connection to be considered maintenance free. for my joints i would either use wagos in a choc box (hate chock boxes cable grips) or Ashley J803, J804 which i think are much easier to use.

Thought of the day. What is the BS for heat shrink sleeving over cable joints hidden or buried in walls or ceilings ?

I would not think there is a BS but a regulation to ensure you do it correctly but I am to lazy to look it up.

Batty

if its under a floor or in a wall therefore inaccessible you are going to need to provide some strain relief for the connection to be considered maintenance free. for my joints i would either use wagos in a choc box (hate chock boxes cable grips) or Ashley J803, J804 which i think are much easier to use.

Indeed!Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Guiness Drink

If it's non visual, several layers of self amalgamating tape. If visual then a couple of layers of heatshrink.

For non insulated crimps I use a layer of glue lined heatshrink on each crimp before final finishing as above.

I also stagger the crimps as per pic - ensures no contact between conductors if insulation should ever shrink back and makes the joint less bulky and can use a smaller diameter of heatshrink.

post-708-134963554294_thumb.jpg

post-708-134963554302_thumb.jpg

post-708-134963554311_thumb.jpg

post-708-134963554319_thumb.jpg

If it's non visual, several layers of self amalgamating tape. If visual then a couple of layers of heatshrink.

For non insulated crimps I use a layer of glue lined heatshrink on each crimp before final finishing as above.

I also stagger the crimps as per pic - ensures no contact between conductors if insulation should ever shrink back and makes the joint less bulky and can use a smaller diameter of heatshrink.

Love the free with first order SF level in the first pic :D

Archived