Wiring Accessories

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couleddie

Reaction score
What preferences are there for different makes of wiring accessories? Do you ALWAYS use a certain make or use different depending on job?

Personally i've always used MK stuff - worth the extra as far as i'm concerned and in terms of quality and aesthetics they're streets ahead. Quite like Crabtree stuff also.

Never had any problems with MK stuff. Same cannot be said for several other makes where switches have failed and plastic has cracked.

Seems to be an awful lot of rubbish around these days. I seem to remember in the 70s (when I were a lad!) that most places I visited were wired with MK. Rarely see this in domestic premises these days.

Double pole Marbo

unless an alternate specified by customer,,,which they rarely do.

i use dp now, the extra earth can come in handy, another spark said u have to wire the earth to seperate terminals, i thought it was only for high protective conductors

Contactum always for me. Mk rarely there three gang sockets are a pain in the butt fitted three at a job and have changed them three times now the outlet nearest the fuse packs up if I have to change them again MK will be getting a bill.

Batty

Ashley here too, too be honest cant beat old MK range (pre logic plus)AndyGuiness Drink
There was one range (can't remember what it was) that ripped off the old MK design and they were total junk. B&Q used to sell them (surprise surprise).

Even the really old MK accessories are way better than some of the new stuff. Plenty of them still in service too.

Agreed, Ashley are rubbish but i'd choose them over Volex. Had plenty of bad experiences there.

Talking out of his backside. Wasnt Tony Cable from the NICEIC was it? ROTFWL Only need to wire into seperate terminals in offices etc (dont quote Me in this though).AndyGuiness Drink
:) :) :D :DROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

thats what i thought IT equipment, sure thats right and if its a radial u have to bring an earth back to a separate earth terminal in the cu

MK sometimes but usually GET ultimate white moulded (very nice looking) / exclusive (if cheaper needed)

I like the MK, and for things like grid switching they take some beating.

I also use GET which I have found to be ok.

Problem with most domestic odd jobs MK will not match up with other sockets so I tend to use the GET for them.

o forgot to say if its brushed metal/ chrome finish i always use Hamilton, good looking and easy to install