replace kitchen light like for like

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meady

Reaction score
Just replaced a halogen kitchen light tonight and was just wondering if the job is notifiable as it is in a special location? I thought not as it is a straight swap and no alteration to the circuit. What do you guys think?

not according to 17th iee wiring reg book

Meady I have certain views on notifying and the idea that we all must tell Big Brother ( the Orwellian one not the channel 4 one) what we have done , when we did it and why we did it , really winds me up . As long as you've done it properly stick the money in yer sky rocket and get on with your life.

The planet is in meltdown, overpopulated, Britain is trillions of pounds in debt with little prospect of ever paying it back, our industrial base has been moved to the far east, we have almost succeeded in wiping out the world's wild life, our soldiers are being killed in countries we don't give a stuff about yet our government worries about building a data base of every light fitting that is replaced throughout the country.

There may come a day in this country when the Electric Police will come for you for not notifying that lightbulb you changed for old Mrs Jones down the road, camps will be set up to hold the NN,s ( Non Notifiers) where you will be brainwashed into toeing the party line then returned into society but with that empty ,glazed ,blank stare on your face and clutching a pad of goverment issue Minor Works Certs and some crayons to draw on them.

Ah.... um.... sorry about that ...get carried away sometimes don'cha know... now then why is that helicopter hovering over my house ?

You are only replacing a fitting not altering wiring so there is no need to notify and as long as you do a loop test to prove fitting is correctly earthed you will be able to sleep at night.

Batty

Just replaced a halogen kitchen light tonight and was just wondering if the job is notifiable as it is in a special location? I thought not as it is a straight swap and no alteration to the circuit. What do you guys think?
Not notifiable.

Approved document P. page 8. bullet point 'b'

Replacement, repair and maintenance jobs are generally not notifiable, even if carried out in a kitchen or special location or associated with a special installation.

Meady I have certain views on notifying and the idea that we all must tell Big Brother ( the Orwellian one not the channel 4 one) what we have done , when we did it and why we did it , really winds me up . As long as you've done it properly stick the money in yer sky rocket and get on with your life. The planet is in meltdown, overpopulated, Britain is trillions of pounds in debt with little prospect of ever paying it back, our industrial base has been moved to the far east, we have almost succeeded in wiping out the world's wild life, our soldiers are being killed in countries we don't give a stuff about yet our government worries about building a data base of every light fitting that is replaced throughout the country.

There may come a day in this country when the Electric Police will come for you for not notifying that lightbulb you changed for old Mrs Jones down the road, camps will be set up to hold the NN,s ( Non Notifiers) where you will be brainwashed into toeing the party line then returned into society but with that empty ,glazed ,blank stare on your face and clutching a pad of goverment issue Minor Works Certs and some crayons to draw on them.

Ah.... um.... sorry about that ...get carried away sometimes don'cha know... now then why is that helicopter hovering over my house ?
Sending out too many light vibes

Have you fitted the correct lamp or the bright light brigsde will get you. Weeee do know where you are

i would issue a MWC (olny if customer asked for it though)

Latest posts