Scope of Periodic

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussellR

Reaction score
I have to carry out a Periodic in a large production plant, which is coming up for 17 years old, checked the previous periodic reports and on every occasion they have taken all of the mains wiring within the control system out of scope. When we do controls work we all ways test the mains wiring within our control system.

The customer wants to take it out of scope again, but even taking a quick look over it, it is not in a great state.

My feeling is that we should bring it in to scope for this inspection, what do you guys think ?, it is going to be a hard job but I know the plant well enough to carry out a meaningful test.

It is ultimately a mutual agreement of scope between the client & contractor..

If the customer does not want you to inspect or test some parts of the installation, you cannot force them to allow you to OR pay you for it...

But IMHO if the competent person feels untested parts are a danger to the rest of the installation you can note it as Unsatisfactory on your PIR report giving reasons.

either that or don't do the PIR leave someone to sort it!

:|

do as the customer asks and note it in the limitations

but if think that their is a danger to someone tell the owner your worries and also note this on your cert in the comments section

i would note it on limitations and back it up with a letter stating your concerns

cover yr butt and you cant get shafted

Latest posts