DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

Should I buy a Blackberry?

Apache

Do any of you chaps have a Blackberry Mobile Phone?

I am thinking of getting one, will have to be on Orange and I'm not paying more than

Thanks Admin 2 :D

SPECIAL LOCATION
Maybe have a read of this while you wait for a reply. :)

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4725&highlight=Blackberry

well I fell off me chair backwards then:O:O:O:O:O

Admin2 is doing search and retrieval for Parch!!!!:o:D

in true Brumigham 'Deke' style........

"I'll go to the foot of our stairs!":|

well I fell off me chair backwards then:O:O:O:O:O

Admin2 is doing search and retrieval for Parch!!!!:o:D

in true Brumigham 'Deke' style........

"I'll go to the foot of our stairs!":|

He's not been the same since his birthday (getting to old to search).

He's not been the same since his birthday (getting to old to search).

Too lazy more like :^O

Typical bloke ;\

Too lazy more like :^O

Typical bloke ;\

that new lady never made me a coffee :o

green-hornet

I believe and understand there was a lot of software problems with the original Blackberry phones which have now been resolved.

However many people wait until good reviews are issued to make up their minds, then it is often too late as another more up to date issue is available.

As a pda I suppose they can not really be beaten, but only usefull if you have the software, and the requirements to use them.

They can be good to use for keeping notes, and connecting to the internet to acess files and retrieve information about a client whilst your in the field.

If you need a phone that rings when you are called, and calls out, then no, the blackberry is not for you.

I believe and understand there was a lot of software problems with the original Blackberry phones which have now been resolved.

However many people wait until good reviews are issued to make up their minds, then it is often too late as another more up to date issue is available.

As a pda I suppose they can not really be beaten, but only usefull if you have the software, and the requirements to use them.

They can be good to use for keeping notes, and connecting to the internet to acess files and retrieve information about a client whilst your in the field.

If you need a phone that rings when you are called, and calls out, then no, the blackberry is not for you.

Every now and again it would be useful to look things up on the internet whilst out in the field. Drug withdrawal periods spring to mind.

It would be first a phone! I havn't sent a text for months. Would like to get my emails on it. Iphone not an option - it's Orange or nothing here.

Still thinking - but thanks for a serious post.

green-hornet

Just a foot note apache, I have mates who say as a phone it is crap but ask them to change it and they will not, reason? its connected and mobile internet, e-mail merged and so on. They really can not conduct their business without it now.

NozSpark

I think my Nokia (E71) does everything a blackberry does... Nokia also do some software where you can connect to your PC and view files on it via the internet

I think my Nokia (E71) does everything a blackberry does... Nokia also do some software where you can connect to your PC and view files on it via the internet

do your emails come straight through to your E71?

NozSpark

Yep,

Nokia do push e-mail.. (same as blackberry) at no extra charge

NozSpark

Or you can set it to search every 10 or 15 mins to search for e-mail using the standard software...

I have mine set up (push mail) for 2 different accounts.

mmm. Now I have more decisions!

I hear a rumour that the Iphone may be available on all networks soon........

christhesparky

I have a blackberry 8900 curve, on orange and could honestly say when it is up for renewal i will be getting another blackberry

I have a blackberry 8900 curve, on orange and could honestly say when it is up for renewal i will be getting another blackberry

That's good to know - thanks Chris :D

I want a blackberry. Rang up t-mobile said i'm leaving as I want an iphone on 02, (expecting them to suggest that they give me a blackberry on a mega deal to keep my custom) their reply, 'ok see you later thanks for your custom'

:coat

I want a blackberry. Rang up t-mobile said i'm leaving as I want an iphone on 02, (expecting them to suggest that they give me a blackberry on a mega deal to keep my custom) their reply, 'ok see you later thanks for your custom'

:coat

That's astounding. When I moved to the middle of no-where O2 gave me a free contract for the year too see if reception improved! I would have stayed with O2 if there was a signal where I live now.

I have a Blackberry Storm - and it is bloody marvellous. Three slight issues - 1. Battery life is a bit short between charges 2. Takes a bit of working out to begin with. 3. Can't get a decent pdf reader for it. Overall I think it has helped business alot as I can receive and send emails etc. very easily, all linked via my PC at home.

We use E71 and HTC TYTN II here for staff.

I didn't get on with touch screen of TYTN II but others love it. I found it too tricky so opted for E71 (now you can get E72 better 5mp camera).

The E71 is great with downloaded 'nokia mail for exchange', which is free, you can sync email with server whereas blackberry device unless have blackberry server at about

Thanks Stu :D

mmm. Now I have more decisions!

I hear a rumour that the Iphone may be available on all networks soon........

Some of these internet rumours have truth in them

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8278073.stm

:D

NozSpark

StuP..

Have you tried out OVI files (another freebie)... lets you view files that are on your PC from your phone!!

Archived