Should I buy a Blackberry?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache

Cow Fiddler ™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do any of you chaps have a Blackberry Mobile Phone?

I am thinking of getting one, will have to be on Orange and I'm not paying more than

well I fell off me chair backwards then:O:O:O:O:OAdmin2 is doing search and retrieval for Parch!!!! :eek: :D

in true Brumigham 'Deke' style........

"I'll go to the foot of our stairs!":|
He's not been the same since his birthday (getting to old to search).

I believe and understand there was a lot of software problems with the original Blackberry phones which have now been resolved.

However many people wait until good reviews are issued to make up their minds, then it is often too late as another more up to date issue is available.

As a pda I suppose they can not really be beaten, but only usefull if you have the software, and the requirements to use them.

They can be good to use for keeping notes, and connecting to the internet to acess files and retrieve information about a client whilst your in the field.

If you need a phone that rings when you are called, and calls out, then no, the blackberry is not for you.

I believe and understand there was a lot of software problems with the original Blackberry phones which have now been resolved.However many people wait until good reviews are issued to make up their minds, then it is often too late as another more up to date issue is available.

As a pda I suppose they can not really be beaten, but only usefull if you have the software, and the requirements to use them.

They can be good to use for keeping notes, and connecting to the internet to acess files and retrieve information about a client whilst your in the field.

If you need a phone that rings when you are called, and calls out, then no, the blackberry is not for you.
Every now and again it would be useful to look things up on the internet whilst out in the field. Drug withdrawal periods spring to mind.

It would be first a phone! I havn't sent a text for months. Would like to get my emails on it. Iphone not an option - it's Orange or nothing here.

Still thinking - but thanks for a serious post.

Just a foot note apache, I have mates who say as a phone it is crap but ask them to change it and they will not, reason? its connected and mobile internet, e-mail merged and so on. They really can not conduct their business without it now.

I think my Nokia (E71) does everything a blackberry does... Nokia also do some software where you can connect to your PC and view files on it via the internet
do your emails come straight through to your E71?

I have a blackberry 8900 curve, on orange and could honestly say when it is up for renewal i will be getting another blackberry

I want a blackberry. Rang up t-mobile said i'm leaving as I want an iphone on 02, (expecting them to suggest that they give me a blackberry on a mega deal to keep my custom) their reply, 'ok see you later thanks for your custom'

:coat

I want a blackberry. Rang up t-mobile said i'm leaving as I want an iphone on 02, (expecting them to suggest that they give me a blackberry on a mega deal to keep my custom) their reply, 'ok see you later thanks for your custom' :coat
That's astounding. When I moved to the middle of no-where O2 gave me a free contract for the year too see if reception improved! I would have stayed with O2 if there was a signal where I live now.