experience pls

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordy71

Reaction score
Hello im a nearly qualified spark who has three and a half years expirience, city and guilds 2356, 17th edition and AM2. Just waiting for paperwork back from c&g. Basically i am employed at the moment but am looking to get experience of other types of work as the work i do is limited to central heating wiring. I have a sound knowledge of testing and most domestic wiring and good knowledge of heating systems, y/s plans, combis etc. I have my own power/hand tools and my own transport. I am hoping to go travelling in 6 months so If any body is interested in taking me on for this period of time in the herts, essex or beds area then pls pm me.

Welcome to the forum, and I wish you good luck for the future.

Your asking a lot given the current employment situation, however being honest and up front, offering your services for six months (on trial) I am sure someone will give you a go.

Good luck in your search.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, fair comment about the current climate but as i have my heart set on going travelling, i thought it might put me in a better positon for when i come home if i have a wider knowledge and expierience. Would being self employed be more attractive to prospective employers who might want to take me on 1 or 2 days a week? Also if i wanted to do some of my own little jobs would i need to become a member of governing body like niceic or napit to sign work off? Thanks