This will test you!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oracle

Reaction score
All,

I am after a plastic cover/bezel/lense to cover an IR receiver I have built/modified.

I have a 20mm round hole, behind which is the receiver.

I need something like the tinted red plastic you have on remote control units.

Does anyone know where I can get a flat piece which will cover a 20mm round hole?

Thanks all, Guiness Drink

O.

Unusual a request but a simple solution could be going to a local craft shop and buying a sheet of coloured plastic.Not sure about the tint as IR red is very dense. However they may be able to put you on the right track.

Try the sheets of gel they use on theatre spots or a coloured filter for a camera lens.

Got a wee repair job goin' on just now where they have IR receivers in a stainless steel hood to operate an automatic fawcett... something very similar installed to protect the reciever and give a flush finish to the steel. I need parts for it and I have found the guy who built the electronic part of the thing.

Actually... just called him. You can't buy them off the shelf, he machined them specifically for this job. (He's a very nice chap) said he'd be happy to speak to you about supplying one... pm me and I'll send you his contact details.

All,I am after a plastic cover/bezel/lense to cover an IR receiver I have built/modified.

I have a 20mm round hole, behind which is the receiver.

I need something like the tinted red plastic you have on remote control units.

Does anyone know where I can get a flat piece which will cover a 20mm round hole?

Thanks all, Guiness Drink

O.
Think of a gas welding filter for the goggles any decent tool supplier should supply only prob is you will have to buy a pair.If I remember there is different darkness levels.

For the brains out there keep one for setting up the o

auto iris on cameras as it will stop the light levels when setting CCTV cameras up.

I have used them for many years and not had a problem.

Reminds me to look my spare out just in case.