NVQ 3

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
I start MY NVQ 3 on monday... and i would like to get it rapped up very quickly.

I work for myself and sub to a company, so got plenty of work on.

i was just wondering how long it took other people?

and have you got any pointers?

Cheers ;)

It is done over 4 years, down here.

Which is reduced to 2 years if you hold the 2330 Levels 2 AND 3.

yeah got me level 2 & 3 and 17th.... i was under the impression that you can do it as quick or as long (18months max) as you like?

Don't know about up there Danny, But down here, My lecturer at the time said it was over two years.

He also said that - If I (Or anyone else) had experience, then there was no need to do the NVQ3 or the AM2.

And he is clued up when it come to electrical courses etc.

ohh i have been talking for the past year with colloges, JIB , NICEIC, ... and there answers all conflict, some people say you need it some you dont....

It makes me laugh i am , running my own business , doing pretty well, but acording to JIB untill i have my NVQ 3 i still classed as a trainee...

so... as i am able to get funding from the collage to do the NVQ i thought i may as well do it, and then i have it.... but that is why i wan't to do it as soon as possible as quite frankly its just a waste of time to me.

just started my nvq 3 and been told i could do it in 10 weeks as i have got my c&g 2330 level 1,2,3.