book keeping

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont, my accountant gave me an excell workbook with three spreadsheets on it, Sales, Expenditure and Bankings. We have had to tweak them a little but now they are fine and easy!!! Which is still a puzzle as to why I never fill them in! Not untill december anyhow

I made an spread sheet up with Income on one side and expenditure on the other. totals on the top and cash/bank reconciliation to the side.. It also has a month by month overview sheet...

Does for me, but I'm about 4 months behind atm ROTFWL

I use quickbooks does invoices and accounts and VAT all tied up in one package there are plenty of cheaper ones on market though. Trouble with quickbooks it does a lot more than you need that why it cost so much. If you are not VAT registered they do a simple start which is reasonably priced although I think it posibly works out your VAT.

Batty

I made an spread sheet up with Income on one side and expenditure on the other. totals on the top and cash/bank reconciliation to the side.. It also has a month by month overview sheet...Does for me, but I'm about 4 months behind atm ROTFWL
that sounds about par for the course! ;)

I used microsoft accounting (free version) last year but wife has moaned like mad about it when doing end of year (shes an accountant), I'm now running Sage just to keep her quiet.

I use a program from TAS software. its a free download version that they do and its very good.It keeps a record of how long customers take to pay your invoices etc ,produces balance sheets things like that and its easy to use.Its downloadable from their website.

I just use a simple book ( as in pen & paper) Accountant calls it Cash Accounting I think. Income on the left wth a VAT column, Outgoings on the right ,just 3 columns, Non VAT

Net cost

VAT

It does me, nice and simple, update it Friday nights while the missus watches the soaps, no big performance at end of year then.

I just made up my own spreadsheets got one for income and one for outgoings. I can put my job numbers in which also then tie up with the cert numbers etc and it works it all out for me for the month and automatically sends it to another sheet that works everything out for the year as well for me. Its not that hard if you can do a bit on excel and the help is quite good on the internet if you get stuck.