DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Awkward Situation

Jono Pashley

Question

Just finished first fix on a full rewire. Customer has arranged for a plasterer to come in, now when the job started i understood that the place would be fully plastered in between first and second fix.

Now the customer is wanting the plasterer to fill the chases but not have them and the rest of the wall skimmed and finished until some time in the future. i see this as causing an issue to the fitted accessorys and the wiring. Made it clear that im not entirly happy with the situation. What do i do? go ahead and second fix but restrict the warrenty on anything affected, or stand my ground?

12 answers to this question

I'v just second fixed an un-decorated house with brushed steel accessories after arguing that it should be after decoration but no the painter was right he is careful and good and yes accessories covered in paint. I sent an email, with a read reciept request, and got the reply saying ok go ahead. Customer knew decorator so trusted him, you should do what customer says but have it in writing.

You name confused me for a minute , I read Christ the Sparky , began to think " but we all know he was a Chippy !!! ":coat

Applaud SmileyROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

As Tom says Just do what the customer requests.....

either that or the customer will get another electrician in to do it!!!

Even if you did all your second fix after skimming etc....

there is nothing stopping the customer getting another decorator in two months later steam stripping any wallpaper. re painting...

drilling holes and generally messing up the accessories again anyway!!!:|:(

IF or when they try to get you to repair or replace any faulty items...

If you consider they have been damaged by unreasonable usage then you don't replace them F.O.C!

;)

The customer is always right , (I'm told) so fit it out ,put something in writing that you are not responsible for damage, take money, put in bank, start all over again.

Do it, get paid, bugger offROTFWL. As long as you have made customer aware - then its their problem

You name confused me for a minute , I read Christ the Sparky , began to think " but we all know he was a Chippy !!! ":coat

I have not replied to this thread because I have very personal views as to the problem you face.

This has happened to almost every electrician, and against our valued advise, we are left with only two choices.

A, second fix regardless

B, give some excuses and come back later to second fix.

Problem is, as we all know is the cash flow problems, I have some clients that take an adverage of three months to pay, others pay within 7 days, others normally use the full advantage of the 30 days terms.

My advise to you would be to second fix regardless, get them to sign a document stating that your full and explicit recomendations where against this action, and you fully agree and conform to the clients wishes, even though you have advised otherwise.

Archived