My mates a sparky

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tooold

Reaction score
Job was to move cu inside and update it. No need to look in garage my mates a sparks he did garage a couple of years ago. Well what now? Your mates not up to date with current regs or your mates a T***.

N97 036.jpg

Job was to move cu inside and update it. No need to look in garage my mates a sparks he did garage a couple of years ago. Well what now? Your mates not up to date with current regs or your mates a T***.
You sod!!!!

when did my good lady give you the key to OUR garage door!!!! X( :eek: ] :)

I wish you blokes would stop spying on my work!!!!!

ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

That part is years old, he has added a socket and told them everything was ok. There are more dodgy things in the garage but to just leave it all when its a mate. Reckon it was a builder will try to find out more.

Well the batten holder does look fairly new and white but the rest of it......well.... 5+ years. When was the last time anyone used those cable clips after all?

Well the batten holder does look fairly new and white but the rest of it......well.... 5+ years. When was the last time anyone used those cable clips after all?
I would think that wiring is as old as the garage to me it looks like twin so probably is forty years old. I could be wrong I usually am.

Batty

It's not some way around the regs by plugging in to an existing circuit? Like the B&Q outside sockets that come as a kit and you just plug them in to the ring..........

what is that in the lamp holder??

also those cable clips are pretty old, anyone know an age?

thanks

what is that in the lamp holder??
Its one of them old batten connectors you'r mom or gran used to use to plug the Iron into a light socket!!!!

They have not been allowed to sell them for a few yeasr now!!!

I still have one or two knocking around...I use one to a 13a socket ,

I can stick my fuse finder transmitter into..helps when tracing circuits!

also those cable clips are pretty old, anyone know an age?

thanks
the buckle cable clips.....

been 20+ years since I last used them! :eek: :_|

Jolly good idea is that Specs, Sir.

That is one for the Tips & Tricks section. IMHO. ;)

this is the closest you can get - if you own a soldering iron.........http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1333&doy=8m4&C=SO&U=strat15

don't try this at home kids!
Blushing

I have got a modified one of them as well!!!!! :^O

I shall have to take a picture when I get a spare moment...

My ES-BC converta plugy thing is a screw together jobbie, you could dismantle it and connect wires to the inside bits with just a screwdriver and cutters.. No soldering Iron needed!

I put a Euro-Socket connector thing onto the end of it with a trailing earth lead with a croc clip on it...

It was a sort of "poor-Mans" "Lamp-Mate" connector that I could plug my meter into light fittings...

Before those awfully nice Nappit people sold me the set of Lamp-mates at a "Members discount rate" even though I am not a member!:pBlushing:O

B-)

I should have known! :D
don't think mine was actually a "Maplin" item..

but it is a dismantleable, (is that a word), (Yes "That" IS a word), (is dismantleable a word?), ES-BC adaptor which is too many years old now for me to remember where I got it from! :|