help with adding a circuit?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl-heating

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3953175935_341380b745.jpg

i am wanting to fit the customer a 12 Kw shower any tips ? i am thinking move a few circits round and use a re wirable and fit an shower rcd enclosure...

the install looks sound and well fitted, plenty of clips and routes are well planed.

all circuits are well below .5 ohm on ir so no problem there.

no continuity on any of the rings,

no main bonds to either gas or water.

all in all looks good. :)

I wouldn't bother with an RCD enclosure, connect your shower supply cable straight into the henley block, remember our moto: "if in doubt, link it out", and anyway the shower will have built in thermal protection. Looks like your well on top of that one, keep up the good work.

thanks riggy ... i thought a 30 amp jb would do the trick. i was struggling getting 6mm into the henly block..

just need to notify it and give the customer a cert for the work . :)

I'd suggest a bit of 1mm T+E on a 40amp mcb to be on the safe side.

T and E

lucky been T and E.... could just use Twin no earth! old colours... blend in more then!

You see I don't think a 40A MCB will run it, back to the moto: "if in doubt, link it out", and into the henleys, the customer won't thank you for a shoddy job!

T and E lucky been T and E.... could just use Twin no earth! old colours... blend in more then!
My mate Seamus can supply used rubber insulated twin very reasonable like, it's a bit perished, and it's true there is some rodent damage, but it's never let me down...............other than the odd fire obviously, but don't we all have those?

I suppose, I could always drill the busbar and lug it on. Does that follow ye ol' link rule?

rcd shower enclosure off henly, and main bonds, 52 amps for the shower, got to be 10mm twin

Dont know why your being sarcastic for JLH.

The electrics have been perfectly fine for years!

0.75mm flex from one of the lighting circuits should be fine.

However make sure the flex is white, I have seen many a cowboy electrician do it in black, just goes to show they know not how to blend in.

0.75mm flex from one of the lighting circuits should be fine.However make sure the flex is white, I have seen many a cowboy electrician do it in black, just goes to show they know not how to blend in.
After two showers you'd not be able to tell the difference! :coat

After two showers you'd not be able to tell the difference! :coat
True, I would give you one of them scoobies but they appear to have gone awol.

For any person veiwing this forum for the first time we are indeed having a laugh, Of course you can run two 12kw shoers from a 1,5mm cable.

Bell wire for showers allways works fine for me.

I use the colour changing type... it's white when you install it but changes to a nice cherry red colour when you switch the shower on.

You've heard of underfloor heating, right? Well the bell wire makes a good under plaster heating system.

I've never understood it but I allways get a feeling of guilt when I see a fire engine attending a call.

Couldn't we all just save a bit of money here and wire it in single's...

single conduit wire takes the Live...

bond the neutral at the shower onto the supply pipe....

bobs your aunties twin brother, lesbian best friend as they say!! :eek: :p

sort of TT shower installation;)BlushingO)

Couldn't we all just save a bit of money here and wire it in single's...single conduit wire takes the Live...

bond the neutral at the shower onto the supply pipe....

bobs your aunties twin brother, lesbian best friend as they say!! :eek: :p

sort of TT shower installation;)BlushingO)
ooh we can say lesbian now!

must only be ****, ****, ****** and **** that are banned

:D