New website Feedback Please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a quickee...

With a lot of help from DL-EAS (he did the design) I've now got a website

It's a bit work in progress atm and there are a few issues, but I'd value your coments..

The contact us page doesn't work atm as tiscali doesn't support scripts... I am in the process of getting a domain name and some hosting, and I will move it across as soon as I can.

www.nickevanselectrical.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice and simple and to the point :D

T&C page is blank, like the simple layout and the real address and land line number :D

Assume you are going to put something on that homepage ;)

I haven't a a good look Noz - BUT !!!!

I really like that! Well done to DL for doing it. Looks great.

One thing I would like to mention though is...

The house symbol in your NICEIC Logo, is coming off of my page. Have a look at where I have circled in the Picture, Below.

DL You have a PM.

noz.gif

I would agree it all looks good so far, simple clear layout, nice use of colour and a very good links page with easy to use link to a very friendly forum! Very good Noz.

Doc H.

Thats very nice, I like the simple layout, the colours are'nt over powering and everything is easy to read.

Very nicely done Applaud Smiley

if you can get a linux based server and not windows as more stable and can create htaccess files easily for redirects on dead pages etc. also get .co.uk address as will help search engine optimisation.

if you can get a linux based server and not windows as more stable and can create htaccess files easily for redirects on dead pages etc. also get .co.uk address as will help search engine optimisation.
Hes already got/getting a linux based server was reccomended in PM.

Just noticed a couple of typos on your Services page.

under Maintenance section heater servcing should be servicing.

Other works

Think the whole sentence needs rephrasing.

Not being picky mate, just trying to help you with that atttention to detail.

Just a quickee...With a lot of help from DL-EAS (he did the design) I've now got a website

It's a bit work in progress atm and there are a few issues, but I'd value your coments..

The contact us page doesn't work atm as tiscali doesn't support scripts... I am in the process of getting a domain name and some hosting, and I will move it across as soon as I can.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/elecrical
Noz you can get a good deal here http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/

your crazy lol, windows based hosting is known to be crap compared to linux based.
Do not get me started on that.

Looks good. Your contact us page is spitting out "Content-Type: text/plain" (possibly as its a php page without a php engine on the web server) so in safari it just shows the source. If you rename it to .html (and update the links) that should fix that.

Ian.

Do not get me started on that.Looks good. Your contact us page is spitting out "Content-Type: text/plain" (possibly as its a php page without a php engine on the web server) so in safari it just shows the source. If you rename it to .html (and update the links) that should fix that.

Ian.
If he renames his contact page to html the PHP script will not run at all, and just wouldnt work.

the php script is currently not running, due to the hosting been used does not accept PHP (this is getting changed)

His new server is going to be PHP ready, so then the script will run

The contact page if any one wants to view is here

http://www.freeandgreen.co.uk/nickevans/contact.php

and it is fully up and running.

Ianmacd i take it you think windows hosting is better than linux? Ive had nothing but hassle with windows, and the past 2 years on linux, not one glitch

If he renames his contact page to html the PHP script will not run at all, and just wouldnt work.the php script is currently not running, due to the hosting been used does not accept PHP (this is getting changed)

His new server is going to be PHP ready, so then the script will run

The contact page if any one wants to view is here

http://www.freeandgreen.co.uk/nickevans/contact.php

and it is fully up and running.

Ianmacd i take it you think windows hosting is better than linux? Ive had nothing but hassle with windows, and the past 2 years on linux, not one glitch
Not that keen on linux (having a proper unix background) but it will be infinitely better than that rubbish Redmond rip people off with.