Reference method?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Reaction score
Was round at a mate's house the other day admiring his new garage purpose built for his railway layout ...

The spark had run the new supply from the house in swa and ran it through the middle of the dense hedge at the garden edge ..

EIC and Building Control certs issued ... just wondered if anyone else has used this method before or have any thoughts on it ?

I have just been asked to do the same thing not sure its a good idea. Best one was customer wanted to run SWA down a stream rather than dig it in I declined that one.

Batty

Someone with a pair of loppers could still try and cut though it (mistaking it for a branch) and partially/fully succeed.

Would be worse if it was an exported PME system with a lost neutral and the gardener was standing in that stream :p .

Was round at a mate's house the other day admiring his new garage purpose built for his railway layout ... The spark had run the new supply from the house in swa and ran it through the middle of the dense hedge at the garden edge ..

EIC and Building Control certs issued ... just wondered if anyone else has used this method before or have any thoughts on it ?
What reference method was stated in the EIC?

If the cable was diguised or hidden then there may be a problem, all electricians would know what a swa cable was and how to handle them, but we would seldom hide them.

What reference method was stated in the EIC?If the cable was diguised or hidden then there may be a problem, all electricians would know what a swa cable was and how to handle them, but we would seldom hide them.
Exactly .. i have no idea ... the swa is hidden other than entry and exit at either end ... couldn't see if there was any warning tape .. thought it was a bit odd ..

I have just been asked to do the same thing not sure its a good idea. Best one was customer wanted to run SWA down a stream rather than dig it in I declined that one.Batty
This isn't your work then?

10dxuds.jpg