Fleas

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Apache,

The cats seem to have a particularly bad flea problem this year, to the point where we have given them an extra dose of Frontline only 3 weeks after previous dose. So question is, is it safe to dose frontline more than monthly, or is there a better flea treatment available? Have tried programme previously, but one of the furry menaces is pretty allergic to flea bites - so need a contact type product. We have also been combing the cats when we can get hold of them (they don't like being pinned down : O) , and hoovering daily around the house, but every time they go out they seem to come back scratching like hell - it is getting very irritating to say the least.

Hi Apache,The cats seem to have a particularly bad flea problem this year, to the point where we have given them an extra dose of Frontline only 3 weeks after previous dose. So question is, is it safe to dose frontline more than monthly, or is there a better flea treatment available? Have tried programme previously, but one of the furry menaces is pretty allergic to flea bites - so need a contact type product. We have also been combing the cats when we can get hold of them (they don't like being pinned down : O) , and hoovering daily all of the cat, but every time they go out they seem to come back scratching like hell - it is getting very irritating to say the least.
:eek: :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

:coat

Binky - what you have are fleas living in your house! Vacuuming helps but won't cure the problem. You need to tread the whole house with a a special insecticide. You need to hoover the house and then treat every room the cats go in, paying special attention to areas they spend most time. This includes furniture and crevices edges of the carpet. You spray the whole house and then go out for a couple of hours. It kills goldfish and any pet insects you may have so move them out of the house.

This is a brand (http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=16&zenid=b4jnbtgas5en6h98nk89hqvpp5) I link as a suggested product, I have never used the site and offer no endorsement. Other similar products are available. It's lasts for 12 months. only 1% of a flea infestation is on your pet - the rest is living in your home!

All animals must be treated at the same time (dogs and cats), it is vital to part the hair on the back of the neck and apply the product to the skin.

'Frontline' is OK but 'Frontline Combo' from the vet has extra chemicals that help prevent re-infestation of your house.

Any further queries please ask :D

Not convinced its my house, but one of my neighbours, but either way they have probale infested my house aswell by now:( :( :( :( .

Will purchase flea armageddon and apply liberally ]:) ] :) ]:)

If that fails, simply go to the jokes thread and recite loudly my best puns. They have been known to empty a room of every living organism in less than 60 seconds.