2330-302 open book?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas123

Reaction score
Hi,

From what i've been told, the 2330-302 is an open book exam? what books are you allowed to take into the exam? regs and onsite guide?

At the back of the regs book there are blank pages for notes, are you allowed to use these in the exam?

What information could i fill them up with? O)

Thanks

Aaron

The Unit 302 (Level 3 2330) is an open book exam.

You will be closely watched by the Internal and external Exam Verifiers.

If your college is like mine - there are several groups in the hall, sitting exams together.

You have to take in unmarked books (BRB & OSG), Un-programmable Calculator.

If you take in a bottle of water - you have to remove the label first.

If you have a pencil Case - It HAS to be see through - or they will tell you to leave it behind.

Oh, And if you have a mobile phone, you have to remove the cover and battery and place it in pieces UNDER your seat.

The conditions are tough. :eek:

Oh, the examiners we had, didn't like the fact that we were allowed to take the books into the exam with us.

The Unit 302 (Level 3 2330) is an open book exam.You will be closely watched by the Internal and external Exam Verifiers.

If your college is like mine - there are several groups in the hall, sitting exams together.

You have to take in unmarked books (BRB & OSG), Un-programmable Calculator.

If you take in a bottle of water - you have to remove the label first.

If you have a pencil Case - It HAS to be see through - or they will tell you to leave it behind.

Oh, And if you have a mobile phone, you have to remove the cover and battery and place it in pieces UNDER your seat.

The conditions are tough. :eek:

Oh, the examiners we had, didn't like the fact that we were allowed to take the books into the exam with us.
so what if you get a question on cable calc's, do the expect that you have memorised ever table in the O.S.G??

so what if you get a question on cable calc's, do the expect that you have memorised ever table in the O.S.G??
There's no need to memorise the table. You can look it up in the OSG in the actual exam, Mate. :)

B.R.B and O.S.G , scientific calc , I'm laughing at admin's comment on the mobile phone :^O We only had to switch off ours and leave them at the front with the examiners but I decided to leave it out of sight in my car . Good luck with the exam

Not funny mate. That was the only way I had, of telling what the time was. :_|

Didnt they have a huge clock on display Admin??AndyGuiness Drink
Very good. But I meant after I left the hall.

Couldn't say - hang on - I want to put my phone together and then reset the clock before I go.

I was the first one out of there.

Hi Admin

I'm just wondering why our tutor at olci told us we could make notes in the back of these books, i take it that all the questions given you can find in either book

Hi AdminI'm just wondering why our tutor at olci told us we could make notes in the back of these books, i take it that all the questions given you can find in either book
I Haven't a clue how the OCLI's system works Mate. If we did that in college and were caught - we would be asked to leave the hall, and fail the exam.

HTH,

Admin.

City and guilds have different sets of 301 & 302 Exam papers, they are Paper A, Paper B, Paper C and Paper D etc.

Hi, I took my two written exam papers late June this year. We were allowed the OSG and the BRB, mine had several notes in them, most of which were cross references to important items in the books but with page numbers by them.

The invigilators patrolled the hall keeping an eye on everyone, one of them saw my notes and was not bothered by them.