Scientific Calculator - Which one?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeánH

Reaction score
As i've just began my level 2 2330, i need a scientific calculator. My question is which one will be suitable, obviously I dont want one thats too expensive (I am a student Guiness Drink) Ive seen casio ones but not sure which one to go for.

Which ones have you used?

Thanks in advance

Sean

Well Sean,

I have 2 Casio Scientific Calculators - They are and remain, New.

Don't like them!

I prefer the One Mrs Admin bought me from Lidl, when I started my 2330 in 2007.

thanks for the quick reply mate, I'll pop and get a casio one tomorrow, seems to be the only ones i can find that I dont have to buy on the net, need it by tuesday

I don't like Casios, Personally.

Prefer the Lidl One.

i didnt really think about going there, theres one to minutes from me, I'll pop in tomorrow, thanks again Applaud Smiley

Mrs Admin, Tried the two local to us - because I thought I'd lost mine and I was about to start my 2392.

But they didn't have any. - Didn't matter as I found it afterwards.

The one your going to - is by the Fire Station, Right?

If so - they are pretty good in there. :)

i used casio fx-85es from argos,tesco,morrisons or any other good stores.it`s all ya will need and you will find most of the class are using the same one.

Mrs Admin, Tried the two local to us - because I thought I'd lost mine and I was about to start my 2392.But they didn't have any. - Didn't matter as I found it afterwards.

The one your going to - is by the Fire Station, Right?

If so - they are pretty good in there. :)
Thats right yeah, its only to minutes down the road, Theres a couple of more places im going to check as well, I'll try borders also, im going to get a textbook from there anyway :)

well ive finally sorted getting a calculator, ended up getting a casio one from tesco, went to lidl and they didnt have one, got a nice set of ratchet spanners for work though ROTFWL

Got my Casio fx-991ES working - and it appears to be better than my Lidl's one. :)

Casio_fx-991ES_Calculator_New.jpg

Click Here to view a larger image of the Casio fx-991ES Scientific Caculator on talk.electricianforum.co.uk.

I have a similar one, fx-83ES and tbh its a PITA because every time I do a calculation it presents the answer as a fraction and I then have to press the S-D button to get a decimal result. I have tried everything I can think of but dont remember any settings that would give me an option for it to do it in decimal every time. I am close to driving the car over it........

I have a similar one, fx-83ES and tbh its a PITA because every time I do a calculation it presents the answer as a fraction and I then have to press the S-D button to get a decimal result. I have tried everything I can think of but dont remember any settings that would give me an option for it to do it in decimal every time. I am close to driving the car over it........
Have you got the manual?

http://www.york.ac.uk/admin/eto/exams/calculator/instructions.pdf

Try pressing SHIFT then MODE/SETUP, then press option 2 (LineI0). That should sort it.

Tim