PTZ CCTV

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
Hi all

Been asked by one of my customers to install a PTZ ( Movable ) CCTV System at his house ! ( I know ... Very OVER kill)

I have never done one before so could do with some info

He would like to veiw the CCTV online... Thats no problem

But he would also like to able to control the cammera online also... i prosume that you can do this?

Also what kind of equipment / sites would you recomed.

The bloke doesn;t mind paying for his toys and he would like about 4 camera on each corner of his house. he also insisted that he wants it HD! but i think when he see's the price a med range system will do

Cheers all :Y

Hi allBeen asked by one of my customers to install a PTZ ( Movable ) CCTV System at his house ! ( I know ... Very OVER kill)

I have never done one before so could do with some info

He would like to veiw the CCTV online... Thats no problem

But he would also like to able to control the cammera online also... i prosume that you can do this?

Also what kind of equipment / sites would you recomed.

The bloke doesn;t mind paying for his toys and he would like about 4 camera on each corner of his house. he also insisted that he wants it HD! but i think when he see's the price a med range system will do

Cheers all :Y
go fir a high speed dome camera not a ptz dome camera, because its just a better style of movement, and a j2000 dvr, the camera will probably be 24v so a spur will need to be fitted, just put a seperate joystick in the control cable to the dome, as it works out better for the dome to control onsite. speak with tradersware.co.uk give them a call, they could price it for you, just remember to mention me ;)

will do my man... will then know you as Badger ?

Like i said i have never done a system like this .. what cable do you run to controll the camera?

They know him as Colin - One would presume? :|

Pan Tilt Zoom Camera

As already said a speed dome is your best option also has presets for auto use,from

will do my man... will then know you as Badger ?Like i said i have never done a system like this .. what cable do you run to controll the camera?
for control cabling between dome and controller/dvr i always! run screened pair beldon not combo cable, seperate rg59 and 2 core flex flat twin. for power between dome and psu.

for control cabling between dome and controller/dvr i always! run screened pair beldon not combo cable, seperate rg59 and 2 core flex flat twin. for power between dome and psu.
i think he may have already finished the job....