Experiences with Metrel Testers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussellR

Reaction score
Hi all

Wondered if any of you have any experience of Metrel(Alphatek) at the moment we are using Megger MFT 1552's and whilst I like them in terms of reliabiltity and simplicity of use (hated the leads suppplied with them so replaced them), I had a little play with a Metrel Tester believe it was a Eurotest, I liked the way it presented the results, particularily the RCD tests all on one page, and it also had Phase Rotation built in which our meggers don't.

We need another tester so was thinking we might try one, but wondered what the guys using them thought of them, in particular any experiences on reliability.

I have the Easiplus 3000 and I love it for many reasons including what you mentioned. Spoke to a few other guys who have them and they swear by them. I know a couple of blokes who ditched their Megger and Fluke meters and went down the Metrel route.

Not heard any bad press regarding reliability apart from the dodgy rechargeable batteries which they supply which can easily be replaced.

ive got the Metrel Eurotest Easi 3100 great piece of kit..

as above though the supplied batteries are dodgy as anything!

Thanks Guys I really liked the look of it so will give one a try :)

Hi, does anyone have any experiance of the Metrel Easiplus MFT or is it worth paying the extra money(

what i like about the metrel gear, is the handbag it comes with. You can carry youre osg, test sheets, youre own personal guidance notes, and bits of cable and stickers etc. It can be carried over the shoulder on its strap and put down the right way up.

The megger is in one of those plastic moulded cases where nothing but the things it was supplied with can fit in, which also seems to nip the skin on my hand everytime i close it.

I use the MI3000

Does everything i need it to, flies through calibration year after year, i had to replace the leads and to be fair this was just wear and tear, and i also just use normal AA batteries as i have been caught out - but only through me not remembering to charge it, and the AA batteries are changed once a year at calibration so they do last

I would highly recommend it as its good value for money aswell

Hope this helps

I use the easitest and love it, the only gripe i have about it is the leads, you have to have the proper leads. The reason for this is the easitest has a moulded adapter from which the leads come from. So if you break a lead its a new set, you cant borrow a megger or robin lead to finish a test off.

I have an alphatek and a Megger MFT1552.I think of the Alphatek as I would dog mess on my shoe.
I think that's a bit of an unfair comment. I've got loads of Alphatek kit and I've never had any problems with any of it. What problems are you having?

No it isn't unfair in the least. I have one, I don't like it. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it as you are to yours ;) I was fed up with continually sending it back due to getting readings from the continuity setting that I knew to be incorrect and constantly fluctuating. Then I bought the MFT 1552 and all was well with the world :D

I was offered an Easitest before I bought my 1552 and also thought i was a bit poo. The readings were well off compared to the Megger and also didnt like the way it was set out. I think of Megger as like the Nokia of mobile phone world. Easiest to use and good solid design. Also liked the digital/analogue display which the Metrel didnt have.

This is my opinion only and I started training last year so its prob best to listen to the more experienced people.

HTH

Cheers

metrel, am seriously considering buying one myself right now.

currently use Fluke and deffo rank metrel as good as if not better.

Megger, RUN AWAY very fast, the rubbishiest rubbishy rubbish thing you could buy.!

metrel, am seriously considering buying one myself right now.currently use Fluke and deffo rank metrel as good as if not better.

Megger, RUN AWAY very fast, the rubbishiest rubbishy rubbish thing you could buy.!
Bought one couple of weeks ago, no problems at all for the price exceptional.

Latest posts