Advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainydays

Reaction score
Unemployed, nobody recruiting. Do not want to go scrounging at the job centre.

Any advice appreciated

You've gotta do what you've gotta do to pay the bills and if that means going to the job centre then suck it up and get down the job centre.

Thank`s APACHE

The prostitution may not be an option as i ain`t no oil painting

Do you know if there is much call for a naked cleaner?

I have been cleaning around the home lately, much to the amazement of my other half

Hi Rainydays,

can you go self employed? Howabouts advert in local shops for local electrician or even addition as a handyman? Small jobs just as long as you can make some money are better than doing nowt and could bring better paid work in the future.

Care homes are always opening up give them a call.

Schools might need someone to do work although most big jobs would have been done in the summer hols...erm Caretaker positions?

Have you just been laid off awaiting new contract or left company for good?

Phone all electrical contractors in yellow pages etc...tell em you can start immedaitely even if work just for a day or two.

Are you skilled or got experience in anything else that you would do short term?

Dole queue aint the best mate, just try your hardest and try to keep smiling mate.

Good luck

Cheers Robin Spark, i was thinking about the self employed route. I have always been employed so i have no jobs of my own to be assessed upon.

Doubt if you will see any jobs in our trade at the Job Centre , Rainy, I know how you feel having to go there, I thought they were just for immigants where I live !!!

Thing is, by signing on , your NI payments will be credited.

Going self employed and perhaps subbing to local contractors may bring in a few sheckles. No need to register for Part P if subbing. Again its not ideal but what can you do .

Deke

I was being made redundant in april so i made few phone calls and got some subby work with a local spark.

I had to go self employed swapped my car for a van and got the insurance and all that blew about

Concur..

Job centre, Agencies, Phone calls, Posting letters, Web searches, Door knocking... etc..

or set yourself up self employed, then go advertising, door knocking, etc.... etc... looking for work!

Basically there are no easy solutions, remember though as DEKE said your NI contributions are stopped while your doing nowt and not signed on! :(

all I can say is Good luck with your searching.:|Guiness Drink