insulation resistance

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4285sct

Reaction score
hi all iv just run a new ring for a kitchen which has 7 points and a fused switched spur end to end is r1 0.39 rn 0.39 r2 0.63 r1 r2 0.25 but my insulation resistance is 478 i know its over 200 but should i re do it or is it ok and why so high ???

478 is miles in the clear. Its fine to leave it at that. It may have been a slight bit of moisture when the cable was in storage, etc. But 478 is a definate pass matey.

makes sense the room was plastered last friday my the way nice mk1 golf

hi yes it was ,i know its well in but i also installed a 32a hob radial a 16a micro oven radial a 16a hot tap radial and a 6a lighting radial when testing it all was greater than 1000 all but the ring which was 478 m ohmes so i removed all the sockets to eliminate them, its just i dont want to leave a poss fault as im only just qualified as a sparks thanks scott.

hi yes it was ,i know its well in but i also installed a 32a hob radial a 16a micro oven radial a 16a hot tap radial and a 6a lighting radial when testing it all was greater than 1000 all but the ring which was 478 m ohmes so i removed all the sockets to eliminate them, its just i dont want to leave a poss fault as im only just qualified as a sparks thanks scott.
what tester do you have? fluke would say >499 and megger says >299, i think you may have read it wrong or had it on the wrong setting

at 478megs there wont be any faults to leave.

I'm not sure if its something to do with some of the older generation sparks (no offence, you golden oldies), but when I was an apprentice the older ones allways used to be 'iffy' about things like this. Taking perfectly passable results and trying to find faults because the weren't the 100% value.

As long as it passes, it passes. Obviously if its very close then problems may start occurring in the future.

I wouldn't worry mate