First TT

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MalcyB

Reaction score
Hi all

I did my first TT today. lowest reading 255ohms!! I'm going to use the bigger rod tomorrow. Apart from the dry weather what else could be the problem?

Malc

i have just done a TT system... i got 600 ohm... so i installed another one as well and got it doen to 90ohms... ( also have a quick wee on it)!

As long as you have a under 200 ohm's and its all on a RCD ... happy days.

Danny, how did you link them together? The clamp that I got with the rod was usless to attach the cable too.

All depends what ground is made of. In my area there is chalk which is a poor conductor. There is clay in places which is a good conductor as its very wet. What is ground made of where rod is inserted.

Batty

Put a second rod in a full rods distance from the first.

Or use the 5/8th rods with screw connector, drive in the first one screw on the second & drive on in.

Use crimp lugs to connect mec to the clamps.

Day 2

Put a bigger rod in, came down to 230ohms, put a second standard rod in a metre from the larger one , came down to 163ohms.

The area is on a limestone hill, I bought a 1000mm sds bit and drilled the ground the bottom bit came out dirty white!! I take it I keep sticking rods in?

Malc