2391 Practical - Earth Loops on Testboards.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is always some that will be able to help you, John.

You did a brief Opening Post though. What is it that you wish to ask/discuss?

Can any one help me?
?

Hello 9johnpGuiness Drink

earth loops?

is that with.. understanding the concept of what an earth loop is?

or.. where to put your test leads?

or.. What values to set your meter onto?

or.. What are the expected "reasonable/proper" results?

or... ALL of the above & more?

forgive my drinkyness Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

have one yourself m8BlushingGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

thanks I shall have on with you!:pGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

Tell us a bit more what you need to know and we can give you our best shot.

SL! ;)

I know how and the purpose of Ze earth loop testing But is there a proceedure or somthing to look out for when testing on the exam test board because some of the test results I got during the exam did not make sence

I know how and the purpose of Ze earth loop testing But is there a proceedure or somthing to look out for when testing on the exam test board because some of the test results I got during the exam did not make sence
why didnt they make sense?

hi john - am i right in assuming you are getting a higher than expected Ze reading - if this is the case you normally have to bear in mind that test boards are generally connected to the power supply through a flex of a small csa therefore the resistance readings you get will be determined by this cable/flex and will not represent the actual Ze. hth

Ian

As Andy said why didn't they make sense?

Did you ask the lecturer why?

The test boards will be feed from a DB so he should have told you the expected Ze for the intake of the testboard so you have an idea what the Zs readings would be when you where doing your testing thus they are the within the permitted values for the CPD for the circuits you tested.