tom1

Question

9 answers to this question

red live

black neutral

green earth

i dont think it will work if you have black on earth, but ive never tried it

nice car bulmer ;)

i never really do it, usualy use the plug, did it the other day in the cu red phase, black nutral, green earth. looking at the instruction it says green and black to earth. i would have thought it would make no difference as the earth and nutral are combined on pme and for tt current would still flow

I use the red lead plugged into the lower socket on the MFT and the green or black lead plugged into the middle socket on the mft. (Using green or black lead obviously doesn't matter).

If using the switched probe, then don't use the red lead, but connect the probe instead.

Red lead/probe onto the line and other lead on the neutral.

There you go, clear as mud

nice car bulmer ;)

Cheers sellers, its a shame really because it looks like i'm going have to be selling it. Spent

i never really do it, usualy use the plug, did it the other day in the cu red phase, black nutral, green earth. looking at the instruction it says green and black to earth. i would have thought it would make no difference as the earth and nutral are combined on pme and for tt current would still flow

it will probably have some test current flowing L-N, so if you put probe on earth, you will get false readings

nice one thanks. i did almost the same then except i had the earth lead conected as well

and the hi current loop test thats for testing non rcd circuits

it will probably have some test current flowing L-N, so if you put probe on earth, you will get false readings

Think it give the TRP error message.

Hi current for non RCD circuits with 2 leads

Archived