megger mft 1552

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any one else use one of these.

on rcd auto test with leads do u connect the green and black to earth and red to phase

thanks

i never really do it, usualy use the plug, did it the other day in the cu red phase, black nutral, green earth. looking at the instruction it says green and black to earth. i would have thought it would make no difference as the earth and nutral are combined on pme and for tt current would still flow

I use the red lead plugged into the lower socket on the MFT and the green or black lead plugged into the middle socket on the mft. (Using green or black lead obviously doesn't matter).

If using the switched probe, then don't use the red lead, but connect the probe instead.

Red lead/probe onto the line and other lead on the neutral.

There you go, clear as mud

i never really do it, usualy use the plug, did it the other day in the cu red phase, black nutral, green earth. looking at the instruction it says green and black to earth. i would have thought it would make no difference as the earth and nutral are combined on pme and for tt current would still flow
it will probably have some test current flowing L-N, so if you put probe on earth, you will get false readings

nice one thanks. i did almost the same then except i had the earth lead conected as well

and the hi current loop test thats for testing non rcd circuits

it will probably have some test current flowing L-N, so if you put probe on earth, you will get false readings
Think it give the TRP error message.

Hi current for non RCD circuits with 2 leads