Transit Connects.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulmer

Reaction score
Any of you guys drive a Transit Connect. Looking at getting one used and wondered if they're any good, for example load space, comfort, drivability, or are they driving a tractor.

had one for a few weeks last year. fair amount of space in the back, and not too bad to drive either. plenty headroom in cab for paperwork etc too

I was looking at a connect or a caddy, went for the caddy in the end due to the drive and style. both have great room in the back for the size of the van but i Prefer the look of the caddy.

Transit range is nice but overpriced in my opinion. I would go for the Citroen/Peugeot or Vauxhall closest equivalent.

Comparing the vauxhall with the connect and caddy its tiny, so have ruled that one out. The berlingo is ok but took my brothers for a quick test drive and theres not much leg room when driving, even with the seat right back.

Don't need anything as big as the transit really.

I've got a Belingo & can safely say I could do with a bigger van.

My advice go big from the word go.....wish I had.

ive had my connect since 04 never given me any grief.plenty of room in the back.imo the citroen/peugout are cheaper because they fall to bits after 2 years.ive abused my van,thrashed it and it still drives like new.stick a roof rack on and you can take plenty of stuff around with it. its always averaged around 40mpg at motorway speeds and a bit less round town. honestly cannot fault it.

Does it have the normal height roof or the high roof?

Hi Mate I have a transit connect which i think is great, only niggle is it drinks a lot of diesel and because it is a van not based on a car it has the lower speed limits on roads, according to my BT mate

the speed limit thing is rubbish. it goes off the gross weight which the swb falls under

Just makes you thimk how many non car derived vans actually get done for speeding. Every day on the motorway I'm overtook by Transits and sprinters that must be doing 90 mph.

Just makes you thimk how many non car derived vans actually get done for speeding. Every day on the motorway I'm overtook by Transits and sprinters that must be doing 90 mph.
on motorway, the limit is 70 for anything upto 7.5t

Mine was the older engine , 18td , nice inside though , cd , elec+ heated mirrors+windows , probley would of been better on fuel + quicker if it was the new type engine

Ste :)

What do you class as heavy on the fuel?

The ex british gas ones are well specced, even get air con in them. Only downside is the crap blue colour.