Van sign writting..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dane

Im in a situation where i cant decide at all whether or not to do it!

Got a peugeot expert and cant decide at all.

Ive got enough work without it

But i am wondering whether the 200 quid on sign writing is going to be worth it. I know its a better image etc, most of my work is from the same builder he keeps me quite busy.

What do people think?

yeah or no. lol

i always think ... you have somthing to hide , if you dont! almost like you dont want to tell people who you are and what you do... maybe thats just me!

on the plus side people know its you! so they can smile and give you the fingers !

i always think ... you have somthing to hide , if you dont! almost like you dont want to tell people who you are and what you do... maybe thats just me!on the plus side people know its you! so they can smile and give you the fingers !
very true

i dont mind people knowing who i am, but like i say, most of my time, is spent working for the same builder.

How about the magnetic signs?

My mates hubby uses them on his taxi (not the same as a van-i know), when she needs the car she just takes them off.

no ... but thats beacuse the van is locked away! but if and when they do i will do the job properly and get the stick on ones . as since i have had magnetics i havn;t taken them off!

Magnetic is a no no

Value of van doesnt bother me, il be keeping it a couple years.. its only a T Reg pug expert with 37k on clock.

So not the best van, were not all posh!!!

A lot of the tradesmen in my area prefer not to have vans signwritten as it advertises that there may be tools/materials in the back,

My work van is signwritten though

Mate's a graphic designer, brother in-law's a sign writer... so I'm Guiness Drink quids in!

Up to the individual methinks, I was at a job the other day and a geezer from across the street dialed my number straight off the van and gave me a nice wee lighting job. First time ever that I'm aware of, other than wholesalers trying to hawk me their over-priced gear!

This might sound daft ( Yeah, Yeah, most of my posts do!!) but if you have all the work you can handle from the builder , you may not be able to fit any more in. Perhaps do it if you lose his work.

This might sound daft ( Yeah, Yeah, most of my posts do!!) but if you have all the work you can handle from the builder , you may not be able to fit any more in. Perhaps do it if you lose his work.
Thats my thinking, im busy enough as it is, without advertising and sign written van

but im just thinking "image" and it advertises me more.

But i cant decide haha.

Had ours done about a month ago... makes the van look alot newer... hides some of the scratches and knocks!!!

It's a vivaro cost just over 200quid (edit) for the sign writing not the van :^O

Not picked up any work from it yet that I know of but it's handy if someone needs the van moving, they knows who it is ;)

Some of the customers have commented on it looking good!

Dane,

I think it all comes down to your 'brand' and the image you want to create for yourself. If you carry the image through from your website, to your van to your cards it looks very professional. If you get more work take on a man.

Don't put all your eggs into one basket.

Look at JL's van!

Bolton spark, a vivaro for 200 quid would be a bit battered haha, glad that was for the sign writting!

Apache, know exactly what your saying, i do think it would look brilliant and more professional like you say. Would also hide the odd mark on the van :D dont all vans have them haha

il get my thinking cap on i think.

JLs van looks good outside and noticeable... have you ever seen inside though haha, god knows how he finds stuff in there!

How about the magnetic signs?My mates hubby uses them on his taxi (not the same as a van-i know), when she needs the car she just takes them off.
Isn't his Missus, a Taxi driver too, though?