DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

changing flourescent tubes

Andy™

is there a going rate for changing tubes in a shop behind the sign outside. access good, not too high or anything.

also, is there a more standard size of tube thats normally in them, either 2ft or 4ft or just anything?

Commercial call out + minor repair... 50 squidlies plus parts in my book.

They're all different, 2ft and upwards. If it's an older sign they'll be T12's (fat) or T8's (thin) both of which I think they are trying to do away with but your wholesaler will still be able to get you them. Need to take it off and have a look I'm afraid.

wholesaler is only 5 mins drive from the place, so if its not too bad if i dont have the tubes needed

We were asked to re-lamp the signs at a SAAB dealership where my M8 takes his car.

Although access was with tall steps, our mistake was misjudging the size of the perspex panels for handling from steps, small tower would have been better .

We also found that the signs, which were on the front and both sides of building , had millions of tubes in them, all fed from a time switch via 4mtrs of 1.00mm flex which was red hot and melting.

this is a fairly small sign - about 7mtrx1mtr. not large enough for a million tubes, but im sure you could still fit many into it. you can easily get to this with steps

Sounds a doddle Andy, change the starters as well , of course!!!

i was going to, or id only end up back in 2 weeks after they dont light up anymore!

you can easily get to this with steps

If you can find him...............

:(

Bulk change all of them in one go and remember to put new starters in as well.

thats the plan

Archived