supply to be moved...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt.leung

Reaction score
roughly how much does the 'DNO' charge to move the incoming supply. the supply needs to more about 1.5m max.

this will include - the meter, service head fuse, etc.. the CU is easy to shift my-self...

roughly how much does the 'DNO' charge to move the incoming supply. the supply needs to more about 1.5m max. this will include - the meter, service head fuse, etc.. the CU is easy to shift my-self...
This varies from DNO to DNO.

Have you not called them?

Don & His Boys

I've just quoted on a cu move & customer has had dno to price the meter move, they've been quoted

I think it all depends what mood they are in or who looks at job. I have a customer quoted 16k for putting new suppy in, single phase of pole 50 mtr away. Another customer paid 4k to have pole moved and supply put underground.

Batty

roughly how much does the 'DNO' charge to move the incoming supply. the supply needs to more about 1.5m max. this will include - the meter, service head fuse, etc.. the CU is easy to shift my-self...
Matt, can I ask why it has to be moved?

(Useful for the forum at large)

Don

the client want to install a stud wall where the consumer unit and supply is, so he can turn the space into a proper bedroom...

If you have enough spare cable going to the service fuse carrier could you not move it your self the 1.5m?

From my experiance some dno's will charge a small fortune to move a supply, the reason?

some extra cable or a brand new connection may be required.

If the supply is pme there is some flexability in the cable, and providing enough slack is present moving it will not cause any problems.

However old corroded TNS systems are not very flexible, and undue strain can be placed on the final connections that over time may become unstable.

It is a case of your risk assesment, however I would rather leave any main supply movement to be the responsibility of the dno than to risk the potential later problems.

If you know the right people then a couple of hundred quid should sort it ;)
Shsss their bosses may be a forum memberROTFWL

I have worked very closely to some of the lads and to be honest I have always found them to be very helpfull.

Well, There are at least DNO boys who are members on here. (That I know of). ]:)

But of course, I will never condone that. O)BlushingB-)

Just your luck who turns up to look at it. I had 1 moved and 'luckily' enough supply was an old pyro and way to wee for the job. Called 'em up, guy came out, said cable was too wee and needed changed for safety.

"What's the chances of getting it moved to under the stairs?"

Nae bother... done it for free!!